Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » An open letter to Dan Beer
  •  
wag357 is currently offline wag357

Send a private message to this user
Mr. Beer,

Congratulations on your acquisition. We can only sincerely hope this means good things for GFI products and customers.

After having been a re-seller, and now an end user, of Kerio Connect for more than 15 years I opine that you have a few easy things to do to begin to rebuild the trust lost in Kerio.

1. Get Support Engineers into these forums immediately to start responding to people, even if the issues are old.
2. Publish a support phone # for more urgent needs.
3. Provide communication about upcoming releases and patches
4. Go back to the tried and true method of internal QA, then beta, then release allowing commenting through the whole process via the forums and beta forums.

I realize you only just acquired these products, BUT, we have already gone through a transition from Kerio to GFI and were very patient, hoping they would come up to speed. We can't wait for another shake-down period while you get acquainted with GFI/Kerio, so you're in a tough spot, but there it is. You need to hit the ground running.

I feel you need to do these things right away to prevent more emigration (eg. me) and to show your words are sincere.

Best regards,
Walter Gould
IT Director
FSR Inc.
  •  
bruggles is currently offline bruggles

Walter,

Well written letter and I agree entirely with your content.
It appears Dan he has recently joined GFI and has a rather impressive background.Do you think he read your letter? Would be nice if he did read and left a reply.

Thanks for posting this.
  •  
McIrish is currently offline McIrish

I hope the salvage this mess. Kerio Connect is/was a great easy to admin mail server that has most features anyone could want. If they can get customers back into the fold, it still has a bright future. But, if they wait another six months, I can't say there will be many users to keep.
  •  

bruggles wrote on Fri, 27 July 2018 14:40
Walter,

Well written letter and I agree entirely with your content.
It appears Dan he has recently joined GFI and has a rather impressive background.Do you think he read your letter? Would be nice if he did read and left a reply.

Thanks for posting this.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm not sure if he'll see this. I haven't received a PM or other communication but I guess that's to be expected. I do expect him to send a follow up email to his first letter, addressing some of the things he's heard from the field and giving us a road map to regaining trust.

McIrish,

I agree, Kerio has been a great product that hit all the checkboxes most SMBs want. I hope the new company understands just how fast they need to move. I was days away from pulling the trigger on Exch365 but that email, and 9.2.7 patch 1, dropped just in time for me to give it one last go.
Patch 1 went in well and cleared up the calendar issue my Execs have been on me about, so the pressure is off, for now.
Fingers crossed.
  •  
Dan Beer is currently offline Dan Beer

Thank you all for the open and honest feedback. I'm also happy to share with you some of my thoughts in return.

First I want to say that GFI is 100% committed to Kerio products. I understand and take responsibility for the fact that there have been issues with Kerio Connect releases and that we have not delivered the quality of product we need to and can be proud of.

I want you to know that producing a quality, stable Kerio Connect client and server is our number one priority. To that end I've specifically increased; our automated testing coverage, the build and test automation, including end to end scenarios covering the majority of the edge cases (which will be supplemented by manual QA), pre-release test cycles (beta) to identify issues prior to any general release, and the scope of hosted solution monitoring and failover redundancy to increase uptime.

The result of this is our most recent release Kerio Connect 9.2.7p1. I encourage you to try the result of these new changes and focus, and provide unfiltered feedback through support on anything you find. I am committed to iterating, refining and improving to achieve rock solid product we're all proud to use.

I realize that every interaction is an opportunity to win or lose your continued support and business. It is my goal to win back any and all lost trust and confidence in Kerio Connect.

Please keep the feedback coming!
  •  
fishtech is currently offline fishtech

Many thanks for commenting!
  •  
bm

Roadmap 2018/19 for Kerio products would be a good start...
  •  

WAG357,

We are currently running Kerio Connect 9.2.5 patch 3 build 3336 for Windows, I was curious what patch you installed?

Thank You
  •  
gmaoret is currently offline gmaoret

Dan Beer wrote on Thu, 02 August 2018 16:05
Thank you all for the open and honest feedback. I'm also happy to share with you some of my thoughts in return.

First I want to say that GFI is 100% committed to Kerio products. I understand and take responsibility for the fact that there have been issues with Kerio Connect releases and that we have not delivered the quality of product we need to and can be proud of.

I want you to know that producing a quality, stable Kerio Connect client and server is our number one priority. To that end I've specifically increased; our automated testing coverage, the build and test automation, including end to end scenarios covering the majority of the edge cases (which will be supplemented by manual QA), pre-release test cycles (beta) to identify issues prior to any general release, and the scope of hosted solution monitoring and failover redundancy to increase uptime.

The result of this is our most recent release Kerio Connect 9.2.7p1. I encourage you to try the result of these new changes and focus, and provide unfiltered feedback through support on anything you find. I am committed to iterating, refining and improving to achieve rock solid product we're all proud to use.

I realize that every interaction is an opportunity to win or lose your continued support and business. It is my goal to win back any and all lost trust and confidence in Kerio Connect.

Please keep the feedback coming!

We all are pleased that you respond here!

Thanks!
  •  

Mr. Beer,

Thanks much for replying! It is very heartening to see and it means a lot that you personally responded.

9.2.7 P2 has proven stable in my environment and feels like a release worthy of "the good old days".
I have put my switch on the back burner as I very much want to stay loyal to Kerio. I am excited to see the restoration of a great product line!

Best,
Walter
  •  

Dan,

I think posting some type of new information on the current release being worked on a regular frequency would be very beneficial. Communications from the Company to the Kerio Connect Customers was completely lost in the transition and having an open channel I feel would be very beneficial.

Thank you for Consideration.
  •  
areichmann is currently offline areichmann

<_at_>gfi ... @aurea

maybe using your own product (connect) instead of google mail would be a great chance to improve product quality ...
Previous Topic: Hide or replace X-Mailer info in header - How?
Next Topic: Problem sending mail with Outlook 2016 and 8.5.3
Goto Forum:

] [ PDF ]

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Aug 16 07:59:56 CEST 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.88100 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.