Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » How to make Kerio-archive searchable
  •  
arnim

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I have been using the Kerio archive-function for some years now.

Now I have a lot of monthly zip-files and no way to search them.

Is there a way to make them searchable? Can I import these zip-files in e.g. MailStore?

What are you using to search for an old E-Mail?

Thanks, Arnim
  •  
arnim

If anyone has the same question: I got a reply from MailStore: They cannot handle the Kerio-archive zip-files.

It seems the only way is to unzip all the files and put them in the default archive-folder. After restarting Kerio I see the monthly folders in the web client.
  •  
j.a.duke

Note that you'll also need to have Full Text Search (Configuration [gear icon]-Advanced Options-Store Directory) for this to be really useful.

You'll see a server performance hit either when you enable Full Text Search or when you move the unzipped folders into the archive directory.

I have this for recent mail (last two or so years), but I'm using MailArchiva for older messages. Much better searching tools.

Cheers,
Jon

[Updated on: Tue, 04 September 2018 15:37]

•  
chrwei

once upon a time I used a fuse zip module to mount the zip files, it worked but was pretty slow. now I just use zfs with compression on and disable zip.
  •  
Maerad

Extract the zip files to the kerio mail archive folder (so you see month-year). After that you need to wait. I go to domains in the admin and select "reindex public folders", but I dunno if this is even needed. Usually kerio startes to index the new found folders, but it takes some time till you can search them.

To see them, just open the kerio webclient (you need to have read access of course) and you have the archive as the last option at the bottom on the left side menue.

But please - for your own saftey - document that you did that, why you did at and at best add who gave you the job. Most important is a WRITTEN permission of your boss or manager, that he gave you that task and that it's really important. Also have someone sit beside you in this time (data protection dude if possible).

The Archive has EVERY mail in it, so if someone wants to give you REAL trouble, that would be the easiest way to do so. Even more so in the EU with the GDPR. Remember that YOU are responsible and random access to this kind of data can result in someone suing or even more a criminal charge from offical side. Without explecit reason, a really good explanation and permission by the higher ups, this is regarded in most countries as a felony.

Like I said, even more so in the EU.
Previous Topic: One Kerio Connect server two MS LDAPS
Next Topic: Edit the "Mail Delivery Subsystem" message
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 19 18:16:27 CET 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.92318 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.