Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Security of LDAP / Directory
  •  
fishtech

Send a private message to this user
I have some password-guessing attacks occurring across many of my 50 user accounts.

I'm not sure how the hackers are getting so many of my users' email address to pound on.

How can I be sure that my accounts and GAL are not visible to the internet from my server?

Thanks,

ft.
  •  
MOK24

Send a private message to this user
fishtech wrote on Fri, 31 August 2018 17:05

I'm not sure how the hackers are getting so many of my users' email address to pound on.

I am afraid I cannot help what to do, but the hackers often get their information users mail adresses from public sources or hacks at other companies.
It is a good idea to check at haveibeenpwned.com if your accounts have been pwned at big raids like Adobe and so on.

Do a domain check there and you will most probably find some leaked accounts. Confused
At least I did ... Shocked

HTH

Good Luck!

Regards,
Martin

[Updated on: Mon, 10 September 2018 14:15]

Kerio Connect 9.2.5 SP3
Previous Topic: Adaptive Firewall for Password Guessing Attacks
Next Topic: Enable Spam Rating disabled
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Dec 13 11:41:04 CET 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.79875 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.