Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Webmail Feature Requests
  •  
nickrooster

Send a private message to this user
My users desire a couple of extras from the webmail (at least in version 6.0.3). These are obviously not critical, but it would be handy to have these features.

1) Refresh the inbox message list when you receive a new mail in webmail - perhaps only if you are already in the inbox. Currently, it displays the number of new messages, but not the messages themselves until you refresh.

2) A new mail notification - similar to Outlook, with a window that tells you a new message has been received, and asks you if you want to read it now.

3) Mouse wheel scrolling in the message lists. That would be really convenient and make it a lot easier to switch from Outlook.

4) Allow printing from the individual task windows, or from the main task window. This can be accomplished by hitting Ctrl+P, but it would be just a little extra-nice, you know?

Are these in the pipeline?

Just curious,
-Nick
  •  
bperkins

3) Mouse wheel scrolling in the message lists. That would be really convenient and make it a lot easier to switch from Outlook.

If I understand you correctly, it already has this......I can use my mouse wheel to scroll through the message list.

Sorry, if I misunderstood.....

BP
  •  
nickrooster

>>If I understand you correctly, it already has this......I can use my mouse wheel to scroll through the message list.

hmm... Which browser are you using? Gecko-based browsers do not seem to allow for this functionality, or I am doing something wrong. I assumed it had something to do with which frame was active, because I can scroll the whole window up and down, just not the message or task lists.

Perhaps it works differently under IE?

I apologize if I am mistaken as well,
-Nick
  •  
Lyle M

Mouse scroll wheel support is absent from Safari and Firefox on the Mac OS X side.

In the webmail feature request arena, it would be nice to see a message delete button on mail messages that are viewed in their own window (instead of the preview pane).

Next message, and previous message buttons wouldn't hurt either.

If a click of the not-spam button removed the word *SPAM* from the subject line and moved the message to the inbox, a few of our users would be happier.

When creating a new e-mail message, if you tab to the body of the e-mail, the entire text block is highlighted. If the user starts typing without deselecting their signature, it's very easy for the signature to be overwritten.

Dare I go on?

Thanks!
-Lyle
  •  
nickrooster

Certainly, do go on...

We have just recently made the switch from Exchange to KMS on linux, and I am extremely happy with the purchase.

I am just wondering what deficiencies and possible work-arounds or planned fixes exist, etc.

Thanks!
-Nick
  •  
bperkins

Sometime ago, I requested groups in the webmail contacts and Kerio informed me that it was in the works. I would guess maybe in 6.1.0.

BP
  •  
nickrooster

Also, a user just told me that they would like to resize the fields in their various boxes...

EX: Widen the subject field and shrink the date received field.

BPerkins: Thanks for the help, I set up my user with IE and scrolling with the mouse works perfectly!

LyleHM: It must have to do with Gecko's handling of frames. I assume this is a rendering problem, but I wonder if there is another way to do this without frames? I can't think of one off-hand, though.
  •  
bperkins

No problem Nick! I also use KMS on Linux. I think Kerio overall does a great job! I can honestly say that with every update, this product keeps improving tremendously!
  •  
nickrooster

I agree entirely. We looked at many many Linux mailserver apps that could replace Exchange for our organization, and Kerio was on top for support and an overall good product.

I could've rolled my own, but that would have taken more time than we had (Hit Exchange Standard's 16GB limit).

Anyway, thanks again!
-Nick
  •  
nickrooster

Got in a request last night for drag and drop attachments in webmail.

We use a filing system which does not have a sane filesystem counterpart. So dragging and dropping attachments is a pretty big deal.

That said, my users can just drag to their desktops and then attach that way.

Thanks,
-Nick
  •  
Petr Dousa (Kerio)

1) Refresh the inbox message list when you receive a new mail in webmail - perhaps only if you are already in the inbox.
- This would be confusing in web-based mail client, where you don't have whole message list at once (scrolling reads data from server). It would show up only sometimes.

- Yes this works in IE, not possible in other browsers.

2) A new mail notification - similar to Outlook, with a window that tells you a new message has been received, and asks you if you want to read it now.
4) Allow printing from the individual task windows, or from the main task window. This can be accomplished by hitting Ctrl+P, but it would be just a little extra-nice, you know?
5) a message delete button on mail messages that are viewed in their own window (instead of the preview pane).
6) Next message, and previous message buttons wouldn't hurt either.
7) If a click of the not-spam button removed the word *SPAM* from the subject line and moved the message to the inbox, a few of our users would be happier.
- Good ideas, we'll consider them.

8) When creating a new e-mail message, if you tab to the body of the e-mail, the entire text block is highlighted. If the user starts typing without deselecting their signature, it's very easy for the signature to be overwritten.
- Mail editor will be re-done to HTML editor in 6.1.0, this problem shouldn't be there.

9) Dare I go on?
- Yes:)

10) Sometime ago, I requested groups in the webmail contacts and Kerio informed me that it was in the works. I would guess maybe in 6.1.0.
- Working on it. Maybe 6.1.0. :)

11) Widen the subject field and shrink the date received field.
- Will be in 6.1.0 (also whole message list will be redone to be quicker and easier to use).

12) Got in a request last night for drag and drop attachments in webmail.
- Unfortunately this is not possible due to security limitations in browsers. Browse button must be clicekd by user, no way to do it programatically.

Petr Dousa
user experience designer, Kerio
  •  
My IT Indy

When will the next update be out?

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
jonbrain

When is 6.1.0 expected? Will Offline Caching in Outlook be included in this update?
  •  
bperkins

Thanks "pdousa"!!! It is nice to hear from Kerio about future plans for KMS!!

We really appreciate it :-)

BP
Petr Dousa (Kerio)

There's no official date for 6.1.0 and it's not fair to promise anything based on unofficial information. Sorry.

Petr Dousa
user experience designer, Kerio
Previous Topic: Wish List...
Next Topic: Kerio MailServer 6.0.6
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 06:18:37 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00992 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.