Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Koc/Outlook 2003 Bayes Toolbars & Property Tabs Missing
  •  
peterj

Send a private message to this user
I am using Outlook 2003 with KMS & KOC 6.0.3

I have a problem on several PC's (windows XP Pro) since 6.0.2

I install the outlook connector which allows connection to a KMS mailbox however the spam/notspam tolbar/buttons do not appear. neither does the additional tabs in tools-options or folder properties for folder mapping and sharing/permissions etc
Neither does the Help-About KOC menu, in effect it appears the KOC is not installed but the connection to the server to view mail/calendars etc works fine...

(The KMS server is windows 2000 server)

I have tried un-installing and re-installing the KOC and also deleting & re-creating the mapi profile and now support<at>kerio.com seems to have gone silent.

Has anyone else had this problem & what was the resolution

Thanks
  •  
jonbrain

I have also noticed this. Iv reported to Kerio but unfortunately the don't seem to think it is anything to do with Kerio. I am going to send them a link tho this thread so they can see it is not just me having the problem.
  •  
Dr.Twister

I have the exact same configuration as you do, except I am running KMS on an Apple XServe. Not that this should be an issue, but I am not experiecing the same problems you are. KOC 6.0.3 on a Win XP Pro with Outlook 2003.
  •  
peterj

Bear in mind that I am only having this problem on some clients with the outlook connector...

•  
Sjaman

it could be possible you installed or upgraded KMS, and installed KOC and opend outlook and it worked. if this is how you did,... read this. make a new account in outlook, choose 'extra servertype' klik next, and choose 'KERIO mailserver. than fill in a username password and servername..

finished.

goodluck, now you have all in outlook
  •  
bperkins

This has happened to me also. An uninstall of Outlook and KOC and then reinstallation of both made the Bayes buttons appear and the "About KOC" menu option work. This is the only way I could get them to show up.

Same here, only on few clients does this happen......

BP
  •  
peterj

Thanks for the suggestion

However I have discovered that this is outlook disabling the KOC add-in.

If you get this problem in future go to help-about in outlook and see if KOC has been disabled.

This is usually a result of an outlook crash and the user selecting yes when asked if they want to disable this "unsafe" addin next time they run OL.

•  
jonbrain

Wow, at last I can get the Spam buttons back!

Thanks very much !
  •  
ombwatch

I think I've solved the mystery of the missing Kerio Toolbars and Tabs. Also, this will enable updates again from the Kerio server and enable the About Kerio menu item.

It seems that if a user experiences a crash while opening Outlook, and then the user chooses to disable add-ins the next time they start Outlook, there will be no easy way to reenable the add-ins, including Kerio. Even if you check-off the Kerio Add-In in the Outlook Add-In interface, nothing may happen.

To manually re-enable the Kerio Outlook Connector add-in you must enter the registry and look for this Key:

HKEY_USERS\S-X-X-X-XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXX\Softwa re\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Resiliency\DisabledItems

Where the X's above will be numeric digits corresponding to a user's security ID. Note that that key will only exist where add-ins have been disabled. Also note that this is for a Microsoft Office 2003 installation. An earlier version might use a different number where the "11.0" is.

When disabled, there will be data entries on the right. The Kerio-related entry would contain this ASCII data:

...k.o.
c.3.2...
d.l.l...
k.o.c.3.
2...d.l.
l...

Which can be viewed if you double-click that data entry.

Anyway, just delete that entry, and any other entries related to disabled add-ins you'd like to re-enable and restart Outlook.

Nick Bartoli
Technology Coordinator
OMB Watch
Previous Topic: KOC locks up deleting messages
Next Topic: KSP Plugin and iCal Calendars
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 01:42:58 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00469 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.