Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KMS Incoming Message Filtering Process/Order
  •  
peterj

Send a private message to this user

Does anyone know what order the various filtering occurs on an incoming email message

My guess would be:

1) DNSRBL's (Based on connection IP before msg is transmitted)
2) Custom Attachment Filtering
3) Embedded/External Virus Scan
4) Custom Spam Filter Rules
5) Heuristic Spam Check.

The reason I ask is that I have our system setup to send all antivirus alerts (SSE) and spam emails to separate public folders for review.

I have noticed that often a mail with an attached virus has it's attachment removed (either as a result of actual AV scan or attachment filter) and is then picked up as a spam with a notification message attached in a txt file.

This should not happen as I have my AV setings set to discard the message not to remove the attachment at all!!!

Obviously it is ridiculous that this is happening whne virus infected emails should be dropped and not make it any further (let alone be picked up as a spam.)

This should not happen
Previous Topic: KMS Error Messages using Symantec Scan Engine
Next Topic: KOC and Russian localization of MS Outlook - not compatible?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 21:34:41 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00334 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.