Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » how to prevent cloning ip and mac address to get internet acces
  •  
catalix

Send a private message to this user
Hey,

In the last days I found that it someone from my network, which is not allowed to access internet, puts the same ip and mac address, as a computer that is allowed to access the internet, the OS doesn’t report an ip or mac conflict on the network. The result is that 2 computers with she same settings gets access to the internet.
I had downloaded the keiro winroute firewall, because if the user autentification, but this features didn’t solved my problem because as time as the allowed user is logged, the other one can use the internet.
The other problem caused by this ip and mac cloning is the pour network performance.
Please help. Any ideas will be appreciated. Thx, and excuse my bad English.
  •  
sophos9

Are both computers on the same subnet with the same network ID?

If you know the user then sack him Twisted Evil

Dave

[Updated on: Thu, 28 October 2004 14:48]

•  
wiper

first of all, its not possible to use same ip and mac at same subnet and gain access to network with 2 comp at same time... it just cant work. For that to work u need some kind of NAT technique. mabye it can be done with some hack utility but i have never heard of such tool/technique.
For ur problem with trace the computer, just look up mac address in mac table at ur network equipment. I can be done in different ways depending on what kinda network components u use. then ur find the port its connected to. if u use hubs its abit harder but atleast u can find the broadcast domain it resides on..

/Wiper

[Updated on: Sat, 30 October 2004 12:18]

Previous Topic: HTTP: Non-ASCII bytes detected in HTTP request
Next Topic: WinRoute Firewall (last version) and Yahoo Messenger
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 09:48:01 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00426 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.