Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Another REALLY bad bug in 6.03
  •  
jonbrain

Send a private message to this user
If you move an email into another folder in Outlook and then press CTRL Z the entire folder is moved to the root and cannot be accessed!

This is getting beyond a joke! We need a fix for all these problems now, not in two weeks!
  •  
mthunholm

I agree!! This has really hurt the technology department here. We look like idiots. Email is the most important tool for communication here and we are failing to communicate.
  •  
peterj

Have you reported this to support<at>kerio.com yet?

I will do the same and express my 'displeasure' about this.

Fixes are far too slow in coming at the moment.

•  
jonbrain

Iv now reported this.

I have now spent the last couple of hours having to restore the users mail box from backup and then work out which is todays mail, not fun!

One thing I have just noticed is Kerio takes the date of message from the file creation date. So if you copy a mailstore somewhere the date for all messages is set to the current day. Would it not be more sensible to embed the date into the actual .eml file?
  •  
Kire

jonbrain wrote on Wed, 27 October 2004 12:59

One thing I have just noticed is Kerio takes the date of message from the file creation date. So if you copy a mailstore somewhere the date for all messages is set to the current day. Would it not be more sensible to embed the date into the actual .eml file?

If that's serious, that's another really bad bug..... modifying the 'date of message' is so wrong, what use is a backup for then?
  •  
jonbrain

As the backup is zipped you are ok as long as you extract it to the drive it is going to go on. If you move it from one drive to another the creation date changes.

I'm just really suprised the date of the email comes from the creation date.
  •  
Kire

Well, our backup procedure is to just copy the entire folder-structure to tape, no zipping or whatever, just the hardware compression of the drive. I haven't needed a backup yet, but i'm afraid is gonna be a problem then. I'll test it one of these days, but the mailserver is annoying me more and more. There are just too many simple things going badly wrong
Previous Topic: Slow Address Books in Outlook 2k2
Next Topic: Can't confirgure webmail
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 04:32:45 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00396 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.