Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » 6.04
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

upcoming 6.0.4 version is still in final test period. We want to be sure that it will not bring a new problems as 6.0.3 did. It's extremely important for us to avoid this situation. Due to amount and complexity of supported platforms, clients and configurations the testing process is very difficult and time-consuming. We are aware of reported problems and we are working on very soon release.

[Updated on: Mon, 08 November 2004 22:27]

•  
peterj

Yes but how soon is very soon.

It was promised weeks ago.

•  
sophos9

Quote:

Hi,

upcoming 6.0.4 version is still in final test period. We want to be sure that it will not bring a new problems as 6.0.3 did. It's extremely important for us to avoid this situation. Due to amount and complexity of supported platforms, clients and configurations the testing process is very difficult and time-consuming. We are aware of reported problems and we are working on very soon release.

Pavel, Hi

Although it is extremely important for the end users and admin to have a stable system, it is also more important for us to have an indication of when it will be sorted. Everybody here is accountable to someone and kerio is making peoples working environments extremely frustrating. I have 2 directors of the company I administer seriously discussing the quality of my decisions after I proposed and moved on Kerio products and now I have to go back to them after telling them problems would be solved yesterday that "it will be sorted but I don’t know when?” All I get is complaints about the software. I send support requests to Kerio, which are rarely replied to.

I do think that Kerio offers great products and understand that development is complex but that is totally countered by bad support and service which is more important to any admin or user.

Everybody in this forum is either an admin or a decision maker and clearly no one is happy with the support or service offered from Kerio (if I am wrong please post!)

[Updated on: Tue, 09 November 2004 09:25]

•  
t.klein

<at>sophos

i agree with you. we are about to install kerio in 17 of our companies instead of exchange. we are now i final test stage. our german kerio support, the company 'elephant seven' is top. but kerio customer support is ... ?!$A ...!

here is no one of the kerio support how answers the most important problems. i feel alone.

right, kerio is not so expensive like exchange. but today a company needs 'happy' (i don&acute;t know the right word!) customers - to survive.

today - i&acute;m not happy.

thomas
  •  
bperkins

Pavel,

Can you post a list of bugs that will be fixed in 6.0.4? This would be appreciated.

Thanks,
BP
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

bperkins wrote on Tue, 09 November 2004 13:53

Pavel,

Can you post a list of bugs that will be fixed in 6.0.4? This would be appreciated.

Thanks,
BP

Hi bperkins,

here is a brief list of most painful bugs fixed in 6.0.4.
This is NOT an official changelog. It's just a short list, there are almost 50 fixed minor bugs, mainly in Administration Console and KOC.

KMS engine:
  • Incorrect times in Entourage free/busy, time zone issue
  • E-mails sent from Entourage 2004 are marked in Sent Items folder as unread
  • E-mail sent from Entourage 2004 are duplicated in Sent Items folder
  • Moved messages in Entourage 2004 has incorrect received time
  • SSL services ocassionaly stop working
  • KOC asks for incorrect locale name "en-us"
  • Wrong encoding in Spam Log
  • Message file causes KMS crash on OSX

KOC
  • It is not possible to import folders to MAPI
  • Event reminders don't work in Outlook
  • Reply-To header is set incorrectly if I specify a custom From address.
  • Outlook 2000 crashes when marking an email as spam
  • SMTP - Secure Password Auhentication doesn't work
  • Moving a folder into another makes it unviewable in Outlook

WebMail
  • Some webmail message don't show anything in the body
  • Search contacts for middle name required
  • Czech is selected as the default dictionary in WebMail

•  
EPS_

someone from the german support told me, that the problem with the german special characters will be fixed - maybe problems with other languages too...!?
  •  
t.klein

hi pavel,

here is my 'cleaned' list of errors i mailed our german kerio support. all errors are failures of the koc 6.0.3

- no special characters (ae, ue, oe, sz) in outgoing mails
- no reminder in appointments
- todays todo´s are not visible in 'outlook today'
- contacts with a birthday before 1970 will not be entered in schedule
- copying 'verteilerlisten' (i´dont know the english word) in outlook produces an error
- private marked contacts and appointments etc. will be visible for everyone
- moving a mail in another folder, produces the loss of the mailbody
- contacts with categories cannot be grouped by categories
- incoming mails will sometimes received up to 10 times
- file attachments in html or text mails will sometimes arrived as mime
- sending a document out of word or excel, etc. will produce an error. the mail stays in the outgoing box. only when you close outlook before sending it will be send.

this are only the important errors. the minor error and our whishlist is a little bit longer.

hoping the best
thomas
  •  
bperkins

Thanks Pavel! Much appreciated :-)
  •  
peterj

I had this email from kerio Support today

"Hi Peter,
Build 6.0.4 is expected to be released Thursday of this week."
  •  
snow

I found 6.03 NOT too buggy other than the web access. I found the biggest problem was webmail back to the release of 6.0. I do often wish I hadn't upgarded from 5.7. I needed a fast webmail base for our traveling users who have to access our server through a slow link.6.0 to 6.03 has not fixed this and I see that the next version won't help either. It is hard to get a proper email server system with everything we want. I can only hope that in the next version(s)we can at least breakaway from the builtin web server so that we can improve on it ourselves.

merv
joe<at>nulas.ca
Previous Topic: mounting of the webmail files under a different webserver instance
Next Topic: Kerio which server?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 12:42:44 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00470 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.