Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » SLOW PERFORMANCE *****AGAIN***** No one at kerio to respond to this ISSUE
  •  
ewieldra

Send a private message to this user
Are there only a few people.. who notice a lan-performance drop down .. on the machine where KWF is installed...

I haven't installed KWF 6.0.7 yet.. so i don't know if the performance issue is solved.. but i won't sell it to my customers anymore.. because it's slows down there lan-performance to the server. Futher i've got some customers who's subscription ends.. .. so they have to extend it.... but the won't because of the performance issue.. they rather spend it to another program.. which has las functions .. but better performance..

too bad...

No one at kerio.. to respond!!!!!!

Thnx and Greetings...

Emiel Wieldraaijer
The Netherlands
  •  
Kire

For sure, there's a network performance issue with KWF, Ever since we installed KWF the network performance was bad. While even the KMS running on the same machine wasn't reachable most times, we eventually removed the KWF out of our network. Since then network and KMS performance was much and much better.

It's amazing Kerio doesn't seem to be doing anything about it Sad

•  
FRiC

Does the network slowdown problem only affect certain apps? Or only if the KWF is installed on the network server? At my place we have a file/print server, an SQL server, and KWF on three different computers and I don't seem to notice any slowdowns whatsoever.
  •  
ewieldra

FRiC, you're correct when using serveral servers each performing there own tasks... you don't notice the problem .. only network traffic to the firewall is slow..

Without KWF installed on a File/Print/Exchange Server copying data goes with 9300KB/s approx 75mbit with the firewall it's only 3500KB/s approx 28mbit... allmost 3 times slower... it doesn't make a difference if an virusscanner is installed ...

It isn't the performance of the machine ..

Specs
Windows 2000 SP4 Server
Exchange 2000 SP3 Server
Dual AMD MP2400+
2GB DDR2100 REG+ECC
Adaptec Raid 64MB Cache
3x Scsi U320 HDD 10K RPM in Raid-5
Inoculate IT V7.1 (With lastest Driver Update)

Thnx and Greetings...

Emiel Wieldraaijer
The Netherlands
  •  
an2ny79

I guess, most of us don't install KWF in "Data" server but in separate
computer instead. Anyway, if installing this app really affects
transfer performance, Kerio shld start thinking and investigate what's
going on.

Regards,
Anthony

•  
ewieldra

the best solution is to install kwf on a different server.. but.. a small company ... doesn't have the money to install several servers.. when using a hardware firewall.. kwf is a good add on .. and off course .. KWF slows down .. but a performance drop off almost 60% too much ..

Thnx and Greetings...

Emiel Wieldraaijer
The Netherlands
  •  
tonyl

I run kerio on a seperate machine, and have no problems. It doesn't take that much power to run it. Get an old celeron or something and use it as your firewall. I can get wire speeds thru my celron kerio.

Now, with a Watchguard Firebox II, I could never get speeds thru that thing!

Another box may be a pain, but you can use an older box and get some performace back to your network. Give it a try.

tony
  •  
ewieldra

yeah sure.. but when copying data to that old machine..say 1gb you'd like to have performance and not use old standard .. like 10mbit.. instead of 100mbit
Confused

and it ins't a solution .. just a way to bypass the problem

[Updated on: Sun, 07 November 2004 21:22]

Thnx and Greetings...

Emiel Wieldraaijer
The Netherlands
  •  
RedDelPaPa

Smile

I know all about this wonderful little problem.

KWF sucks I guess, and Kerio doesn't seem to interested in fixing this problem. So be it. Lose customers and profits. That's fine with me.

Windows Server 2000/2003 users don't need it anyway. The built in Routing and Remote access NAT and basic firewall features work better than KWF anyway. VPN users don't need Kerio's stinkin specific VPN client software either. People can use industry standard L2TP /IPsec, or MS's PPTP implementation for VPN connections. Windows Server also has a nice working DHCP server too. So you don't need that feature either.

Maybe things will be better with Kerio Server Firewall. But for now, KWF is a bust.

Red
  •  
an2ny79

I wonder... where is Kerio staffs??? Is this a "one man" company? It's
seems like that we're all alone in this forum fixing each other's
problems without any word of advice from the developer....

RedDelPaPa wrote:

> :)
>
>I know all about this wonderful little problem.
>
>KWF sucks I guess, and Kerio doesn't seem to interested in fixing this problem. So be it. Lose customers and profits. That's fine with me.
>
>Windows Server 2000/2003 users don't need it anyway. The built in Routing and Remote access NAT and basic firewall features work better than KWF anyway. VPN users don't need Kerio's stinkin specific VPN client software either. People can use industry standard L2TP /IPsec, or MS's PPTP implementation for VPN connections. Windows Server also has a nice working DHCP server too. So you don't need that feature either.
>
>Maybe things will be better with Kerio Server Firewall. But for now, KWF is a bust.
>
>Red
>
>
>
>

•  
an2ny79

RedDelPaPa wrote:

> :)
>
>
>KWF sucks I guess, and Kerio doesn't seem to interested in fixing this problem. So be it. Lose customers and profits. That's fine with me.
>
>Windows Server 2000/2003 users don't need it anyway. The built in Routing and Remote access NAT and basic firewall features work better than KWF anyway. VPN users don't need Kerio's stinkin specific VPN client software either. People can use industry standard L2TP /IPsec, or MS's PPTP implementation for VPN connections. Windows Server also has a nice working DHCP server too. So you don't need that feature either.
>
>Maybe things will be better with Kerio Server Firewall. But for now, KWF is a bust.
>
>Red
>
>
>
>

•  
sophos9

Even more laughable than Kerio's support is the amount of business they are losing cus of all the unhappy users in this forum.

Will not be long and these forums will be closed down or certain users will be booted Rolling Eyes

Just dont get any hopes up, I submitted a calender bug on 2nd November and they have not even replied to it!! Laughing
  •  
RedDelPaPa

Yea?

Piss on Kerio then, as a whole. I hope they drown.
Evil or Very Mad
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

RedDelPaPa wrote on Thu, 11 November 2004 23:07

Yea?

Piss on Kerio then, as a whole. I hope they drown.
Evil or Very Mad

Thank you for your opinion. This forum is not intended to provide technical support. Did you read the disclaimer below?
We have many business partners and distributors in many countries who provide technical support. Besides that Kerio provides e-mail and phone support, contact is on our website. These are standard channels for contact with technical support. Not this forum.

BTW: There is always a majority of unhappy users in similar forums. Simply because happy user doesn't have a reason for writing such emotive messages.
FRiC

Actually, I've always had helpful and timely support by e-mailing to support<at>kerio.com. The forum is intended as an open forum for users...

an2ny79 wrote on Thu, 11 November 2004 17:53

RedDelPaPa wrote:

> Smile
>
>
>
>
>
>Red
>
>
>
>

Previous Topic: Feature Request for VPN Client
Next Topic: How can I set up Active Directory user login to WinRoute while loading user profile?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 06:27:15 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00541 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.