Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » eMails on iPhone - push function
  •  
Spacey

Send a private message to this user
Hi everyone,

we use iphones with our kerio. Normally the "push" option is choosen for eMails and calendar events. Unfortunately eMails are NOT beeing pushed onto the phone! I've sent myself an eMail and it appears instantly on my Mail.app on my MacBook - but no red 1 is shown in my iphone.

I configures the iPhone with the Kerio profile and it's set to imap.

How can I make email push here working?

Thx!
  •  
sfhn

Hi,
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think there is no IMAP Push on iOS. Go for ActiveSync
  •  
Spacey

We have no active sync here...
  •  
EdRoxter

If you set up an e-mail account in the iOS Mail app, you need to set "Exchange" as the mailbox type. iOS Mail then uses ActiveSync to connect to your Kerio Server.

But IMAP IDLE should be supported on Kerio nonetheless, shouldn't it?
  •  
Spacey

OK, today I ordered few more licenses and added Active-Sync. I tried it on my iPhone and indeed eMails are being "pushed" now - when they arrive on my MacBook they instantly appear on my iPhone.

With iMap it takes some time for them to appear them or I have to open the eMail app.

Question is now how active sync / push mail effects battery life.

Any more advantages on active sync over iMap & co. ?!
  •  
EdRoxter

Oh, I didn't know that ActiveSync wasn't included in a default license - maybe because our base license is almost 10 years old and it was included by default ever since...

It does affect battery life for a bit since a push connection is always held open, but modern phones usually have their ways to minimize the impact.

Further advantages are: Calendars and Contacts are synced automatically if you activated them in the course of setting up the mail account of the phone. Also, it's possible to schedule meetings with attendee invitations via the calendar app and it will automatically manage all the corresponding e-mail traffic (invitations, confirmations etc.).

It's also possible (I don't think it is via IMAP) to synchronize subscribed mailboxes via ActiveSync. You can log into the webmail interface, go to the settings (Click your username on the top right, then Settings), then on the left "Folders to sync", and the second paragraph is "Exchange ActiveSync". There you can tick all the folders which should be synchronized, including subscribed and public folders.

[Updated on: Fri, 28 September 2018 12:34]

•  
Spacey

We had the ActiveSync licenses in the very beginning of our Kerio change. But since we used Imap we quit the active sync license...

Sounds nice at all.... but this is only for iOS, eh?! My MacBooks will have to work with imap, caldav & carddav, eh?!
  •  
EdRoxter

iOS and Android native mail clients both use ActiveSync.

On MacBooks, there are quite a few possibilities:

• OS X supports Exchange servers via the EWS protocol - refer to https://www.umass.edu/it/support/email/configure-exchange-em ail-calendar-apple-mail-calendar-macintosh for a setup guide. BUT: Apple Mail's EWS implementation is, at most, mediocre. Sometimes, it takes several hours before new mails are being shown and the only way to resolve it is resetting the local cache.
  • Outlook:mac works perfectly fine via EWS, so, without any additional plug-ins
  • Native Kerio Client is available for MacOS. I'm not sure about its abilities to integrate into system calendar, contacts etc. because I've never used it. (Without any further evaluation, it looks like a wrapper around the normal webmail interface...)

•  
Spacey

OK, so for MacBooks the best thing is still imap, card & caldav I guess....

Thx!!!!
  •  
PavelBruj

Hello,

yesterday I notified our push e-mail via IMAP stop working on our iPhones. Only way how to get the emails si open native application. Than emails are visible.

Thanks Pavel
  •  
alainrussell

We're seeing the same issue, @kerio - can we get a status page on this as it's relying on services at your end that fail frequently? Thanks.
  •  
PavelBruj

I am in touch with GFI support team to get this resolved. No luck till now Sad
  •  
PavelBruj

@ alainrussell: Could you please check if you still see the issue? I get message from GFI that they did test and at they end IMAP push working well.

I still have facing the issue anyhow.

Thanks Pavel
  •  
alainrussell

No, still not working for us. Have restarted the mail server and devices - no luck.
PavelBruj

Alain, could you plese as well open the ticket on GFI portal? Maybe they will take care of it in case all will create the ticket.

Thanks Pavel
Previous Topic: too many simultaneous connections
Next Topic: Mail suddenly stopped connecting on iPad
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Dec 13 11:28:12 CET 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.78735 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.