Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » too many simultaneous connections
  •  
Werner

Send a private message to this user
since the last Update Kerio connect, our customer, 2 Windows-User, 8 Apple User, is connecting Kerio Connect with firefox or Chrome in Windows 10, after a while connections are denied and the server shows this message: too many simultaneous connections. Explorer is running without problems. Any idea? Thank you.
  •  
ian.bugeja

Can you clarify what Kerio Connect version you have, please?

Ian Bugeja
GFI Software
  •  
Werner

it's version 9.2.7 for Windows
  •  
ian.bugeja

Please update to 9.2.7 p3

Ian Bugeja
GFI Software
  •  
lkacian

No Message Body

[Updated on: Fri, 28 September 2018 12:49]

•  
SiriusMac

Ian,
I am also seeing the error in Security Log "[22/Oct/2018 15:24:14] HTTPS connection from IP address 192.168.10.1 rejected: too many simultaneous connections (101 connections, limit 100)" where x.x.10.1 is our router.

Kerio Connect 9.2.7p3 on macOS 10.12.6, updated 3 days ago from 9.2.5p3. We think, based on users lunch patterns and matching up the Audit log entries, that that majority of the connection are ActiveSync iPhone and Android users, though I don't think this an ActiveSync issue, rather an issue where connections are logged coming from the router IP, not the client IP.
  •  
dolfs

Same problem here. Updated to 9.2.7 p3 but again received HTTPS simultaneous connections problem. We currently have 250 connection limit.
It's also hard to investigate because one user creates approx 5 connections (that's what we see in active connection window for KOFF and ActiveSync).
  •  
lkacian

Simple solution:
- stop Kerio Connect
- edit manually mailserver.cfg :
Section:
<table name="service-https">
<variable name="MaxConnectionsIP">100</variable>
change 100 to 600 for example

- save
- start Kerio Connect
  •  
dhendr@tlcd

Have the same problem after upgrading 10-19-18 to 9.2.7 P3 from 9.2.5 P3. This was not a problem in 9.2.5 P3 and seems to be a bug that needs patching.

I'm inclined to disagree with your 'Simple solution:' suggestion to adjust MaxConnectionsIP from 100 to 600. Which is only a band aid to a bigger problem...perhaps Kerio developers need to take a closer look.
  •  
SiriusMac

I found a solution in my environment for the "Too many simultaneous connections" via https where the IP in question was the LAN IP of my router instead of the LAN IP of the client devices. My Kerio Connect is on premise, and thus on a LAN connection. I added a host table entry to my router/dns forwarding service to point LAN traffic to the LAN IP, rather than the public WAN IP of Kerio Connect.

In Kerio Control, for example, this is done in admin console > Configuration > DNS > Local DNS Lookup > Hosts Table > Edit.... and enter a LAN IP address for Kerio Connect.

After applying that change, and then flushing the DNS cache of the client devices, Kerio Connect reported the connections coming from the client IP address instead of from the router IP address.

[Updated on: Thu, 25 October 2018 04:27]

•  
lkacian

@dhendr@tlcd
I agree with you that this is only small aid.
But this is only only emergency assistance which helps to my customer with 250 accounts.
Last stable is only 9.2.5 P3
There are no Kerio developers anymore. Only GFI.

Crying or Very Sad
Previous Topic: Don't Move Spam to Junk Folder
Next Topic: eMails on iPhone - push function
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Dec 12 02:31:58 CET 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.79670 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.