Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Migration from Mac OS to Windows 2016 problem
  •  
Darji

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

First of all I need to say that English is not my native language so please excuse me If its a bit rough...

On the weekend I tried to migrate an old Kerio Connect E- Mail Server to a new Windows 2016 Server System. To make it very easy I wanted to keep the same IP Address. I followed the Instructions (Method1) which seemed to work fine.

I used the same Software release I used the kmsrecover tool and in the end I had the same Configurations going on I changed the mailservercfg file as well then I started the Server and I used my license key and it seemed to work fine... I did successfully send some test emails as well. Everything seemed ok.

Until I tried to access the web UI with another client.... I could not reach the UI. I could not create an Account via Apple Mail or outlook no matter what I did. The only way to reach the web UI was on the local host....

I really do not know what I did wrong and since I use the same IP Address and Name I should also not have any DNS problems.

Anyone knows how to fix this?
  •  
Darji

Send a private message to this user
Ok I found the solution.

On Windows Server 2016 the port 443 for https is reserved by the internal Firewall for the IIS Role. All i had to do was to either disable the Firewall or Change the port for https in the Kerio Admin interface.

Honestly I never heard of this before so If anyone else has this problem now you know how to solve this.
Previous Topic: Strange thing when sending mail from a Kerio mailbox to an Exchange emailadress
Next Topic: Connect 9.7.2 p3 install experience
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 21 03:23:14 CEST 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.68746 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.