Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Large data transfer limit rule, for a specific vlan
  •  
Engineer

Send a private message to this user
I would like to create a large data transfer limit (100KB/S) down, for a specific IP adress group.
If I create a rule in Bandwidth management and Qos, select traffic as Large Data transfers, it applies to the whole network.

There is no Large data transfer option under content filter, where I could specify the source.

How could I do this?

Thanks
  •  
billybob

The QoS rules are applied from top to bottom just like firewall rules.

Create 2 rules. First rule QoS everyone that you don't want to control large data transfer. Second rule Qos Everyone that you want to control large data transfer.

Now create another rule above the second rule and apply it for large data transfers. Every rule below this rule will now throttle large data transfers.

Hope this makes sense.
  •  
billybob

You can also create an IP address group called vlan, then create a user VLANQoS and under addresses use the Vlan IP address group that you just created. Now you can use that user along with large downloads limit in a single qos rule.
  •  
Engineer

billybob wrote on Fri, 12 October 2018 19:39
The QoS rules are applied from top to bottom just like firewall rules.

Create 2 rules. First rule QoS everyone that you don't want to control large data transfer. Second rule Qos Everyone that you want to control large data transfer.

Now create another rule above the second rule and apply it for large data transfers. Every rule below this rule will now throttle large data transfers.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks,

But how can I specify the vlans under QoS I dont want to control large data transfers? Under QoS, I can only specify the "Traffic".
  •  
billybob

Like I said earlier, create an IP address group. Now you can assign that group to a dummy user. Apply traffic rules to that user and they will only apply to the IP addresses assigned to the user.

You can also accomplish this with your firewall rules. Create a firewall rule for your vlan and then under qos traffic, use firewall rule and large data transfer in a single qos rule to accomplish what you are trying to do.
  •  
billybob

Try version 9.2.8. Under QoS> Traffic, they let you speicify IP address ranges directly in the QoS rule. Much easier to implement in your case.
  •  
Engineer

billybob wrote on Fri, 19 October 2018 05:06
Try version 9.2.8. Under QoS> Traffic, they let you speicify IP address ranges directly in the QoS rule. Much easier to implement in your case.

Thanks, atm I am running Kerio Control: 9.2.7 build 2921
Previous Topic: Unable to get address where to send failure notification
Next Topic: Wake on Lan through Kerio 9.2.7 build 2921
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Dec 11 17:49:59 CET 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.87814 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.