Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Kerio Control 9.2.8 Beta 1 released (limit bandwidth per Host, memory optimizations, fixes for statistics)
  •  
mwgbr

Send a private message to this user
Quote:

Release notes
Kerio Control v9.2.8
New:
- Limit Bandwidth Per Host
- Optimize Application Awareness memory footprint
- Reconfigure Kerio AV to optimize memory usage
- Force hostname for VPN clients

Fixes:
- Accessing User and Groups crashes WebAdmin on IE11
- User Statistics not getting updated
- Installation of VPN Client fails on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS 64-bit Desktop version
- No traffic over VPN after enabling 2FA on iPhone running iOS 11.4.1
- Kerio VPN 2-Step Verification Unable to resolve hostname
- Filtering Web Content by word occurrence returns broken HTML

https:// groups.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/gfi-insider/gfi-ins ider-announcements/9BDxoEelnMg

You can download it if you select "check also for beta versions" in webinterface.
  •  
Columbia

Have you tried this beta version? Any issues? What's about resolving a problem with users statistics?
  •  
Columbia

Evil or Very Mad Mad
The GFI developers have completely forgotten how to release Kerio stable releases! They decided to bury Kerio Control! GFI support on the forum is scant! Users themselves should help each other! It's impossible to solve problems through GFI customer support! Often get replies from experts: wait for an answer! Several cases were open 3-4 months!
  •  
mwgbr

Columbia wrote on Sat, 13 October 2018 14:09
Have you tried this beta version? Any issues? What's about resolving a problem with users statistics?

For now, we only have this Beta installed on our own virtual appliance. No problems so far and logs are clean.

At least for us, user statistics are working and they are also indicated in the active hosts tab.
  •  
billybob

We had other problems like av/ips definitions not updating multiple times a day while the 9.2.6 appliances were happily getting the updates. We also noticed a minor drop in throughput and general browsing speed but didn't stay on 9.2.7 long enough to investigate.

Memory footprint optimization in 9.2.8 is a welcome addition. Snort is getting out of control most of the time and when the memory is almost completely utilized, an AV update caused some of the boxes with 4gb to crash. Kerio has swap turned off on their boxes so running out of memory is the death of the running firewall.

Looking forward to 9.2.8
  •  
Columbia

Did you open a support case?
  •  
lessore

Hello,

it would be very useful within the bandwith configuration tab to limit every host.
For example: Every host or every host within a vlan should get maximal 4 Mbit Download and 1 Mbit Upload.
Or is it already working and i have misinterpreted the logs ?

many thanks
  •  
billybob

Installed beta in a vm last night and updated 9.2.6 to 9.2.8.

AV Memory usage after the first AV update went from around 664MB to 372MB

Snort Application only Memory usage on initial startup went from 185MB to 170MB

There is a new selector under QoS>Traffic called Hosts. You can define IP addresses, hostnames, domain name and IP ranges there. That will give QoS even more flexibility.

Agree with lessore . It would be nice to have an option to either share the bandwidth between hosts or apply to all hosts in a single bandwidth rule.

EDIT: Forgot to add, user statistics are working fine and everything also looks good in live connections. So far so good.

[Updated on: Fri, 19 October 2018 05:02]

•  
Columbia

Did I understand you correctly, that I didn't see visible problems? Do all main services consume less memory? and the load on the processor?
  •  
billybob

Yes, the AV memory has definitely gone down. Snort/application awareness is down a little bit but not as big a difference as AV.
Winroute CPU usage is about the same. I haven't done long term testing and I don't have too many clients on my vm so can't reliably test the cpu usage.

If everything else keeps working reliably, I probably would recommend this release over all the previous 9.2.5, 9.2.7 etc. 9.2.6 was stable for me but it uses cpu and memory specially over 100mb links.

[Updated on: Fri, 19 October 2018 16:40]

•  
ipsys

Columbia wrote on Mon, 15 October 2018 18:47
Did you open a support case?

regarding the memory issue i did open a support case. i am actually surprised to see others with the same problem, which for me is good news because it means that the problem might actually be fixed and this box that reboots itself might actually stop rebooting.
  •  
ian.bugeja

Hi all

Please note that 9.2.8 Beta 3 has just been released.

RN for this version
- Kerio VPN new encryption protocol AES
- Kerio VPN Client supports the new protocol

Please note Kerio Control VPN client software no longer works with the previous version of Kerio Control

We encourage you to update Kerio Control Client VPN in your tests. This is not mandatory but highly recommended.

Ian Bugeja
GFI Software
Previous Topic: Error Join Domain
Next Topic: NOW AVAILABLE: Kerio Control 9.2.6
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 21 04:25:47 CET 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.78965 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.