Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Moving from Kerio Connect Email to Office 365
  •  
harrykane140693

Send a private message to this user
We have been using Kerio Connect for about 8 years and since they were purchased by GFI, we have been stuck with buggy releases with no end in sight. Their forums are full of people like us who are tired of it, and after a bit of a trial and a few director meetings, I have been asked to see what sort of effort it would take to move us to Office 365.

We have 141 mailboxes and about 400GB of storage used. And while I have used tools like imapsync in the past to do things like this on smaller scales, it doesn't do calendars and contacts. There are a few other tools out there I have found on Google that look like they'd work, but I'd be interested to know of any personal recommendations of tools or services that can reliably do this for us. Doing it right is more important to us than doing it cheap or fast.
  •  
TheMilkMen

In the past I have used MIgrationWiz but they only support IMAP. I'd be very interested in knowing of any solution that can migrate contacts and calendars

[Updated on: Fri, 26 October 2018 16:32]

•  
rharrelson

We're considering doing the same thing. There's this commercial product -- not very expensive but I haven't tried it and so can't vouch for how well it performs. If I do try it, I'll post back with the results.

https://www.bitrecover.com/kerio/converter.html
  •  
MOK24

That topic is interesting for mee too.
Found several tools, but most of them doesn´t seem to do more than an IMAP migration, lacking the support for calendars and contacts.

Still haven´t found a working solution yet, the only option seems to be export/import of .pst files.
Which is tricky, when your users are using Outllok for Mac, which is not able to export to .pst ...

Kerio Connect 9.2.5 SP3
  •  
artist99

look at: http://www.transend.com

This tool can migrate emails, contacts, clanders and tasks from kerio connect to exchange 365!

I have tested this features sucessful!
  •  
MOK24

Hi artist,

thank you.
I looked at transend a while ago, but their compatibility list says that for Kerio Connect users their solution is only able to migrate mails via IMAP.
No calendar items, no adress books, no to do lists.

How many mailboxes did you test with?
Maybe it is a good idea to give them a try ..

Regards,
Martin

Kerio Connect 9.2.5 SP3
  •  
artist99

Hi,

i had i trial version with three mailboxes without any limitation. There is only a "watermark" at the migrated items. I´ve tested a lot, and everthing works well!

For migrating contacts, calenders and tasks kerio must be installed on a Windows Server!

Here is the "White paper" for our case: https://www.transend.com/wp-content/uploads/Technical-Refere nce-Guide-Kerio-to-Office-365-2.pdf

You can make batch migrations with some mailboxes at the same time. Furthermore you can migrate in two or more steps.

Now we have bought al licencse for 180 mailboxes, Very Happy !!!

Regards, Andreas
  •  
MOK24

Thanks for your infos.
I think we are out then, because our server runs on Centos ...

Kerio Connect 9.2.5 SP3
  •  
rigo

MigrationWiz BitTitan does a great job at migrating large email boxes, it has only failed with an obscure free email from MS hotmail (before O365) and got refund even after a few months had passed--cool customer service.
For small boxes just import to Office Outlook into a PST file and then you should be able to sync and push email to server.
Have you looked into MDaemon Email Server V18.5 as a possible solution... O365 can be pricey ($1200) and its MS. I get them thru Rackspace as their support is amazing.
Previous Topic: Active Directory Auth seems not to work
Next Topic: Cannot open your default e-mail folders. MAPI was unable to load the information service KOFMSP.DLL.
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 21 00:55:00 CET 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 1.03997 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.