Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Dates in Webmail
  •  
ksimms

Send a private message to this user
I am currently moving messages to Kerio Mailserver from a local Extourage X account. For some reason, I cannot import the messages in, so I need to drag and drop messages from my local machine on to the IMAP accounts. Everything is fine on my local mail client, but when I try to access my webmail...all my dates are gone and replaced with the date and time I moved them over.

Is there a why to get my info into the web server where the webmail dates are correct????

Thanks in advance
Kevin
  •  
Bauglir

No,
the received date is based on date of the file representing mail. So you have to change them on disk

Bronislav Klucka
Kerio Technologies
bklucka<at>kerio.com
  •  
komakino

Ugh, I have encountered this as well with a new server. Everyone was using POP email hosted by an ISP and had sorted messages into folders on their machines.

Setup IMAP mailboxes for them on Kerio Mailserver, then moved their folders onto the server and now all of the messages in the folders have their received date and time set to when they were moved onto the server, not the original received dates. Changing Entourage, Mail and the Kerio webmail interface to sort by date sent seems to be the workaround but it certainly is annoying. Don't know that it is particularily Kerio's fault or if there is anything they can do about it.

If Kerio determines the received date on the file creation date of the files that contain individual pieces of mail, I suppose there is no alternative but to figure out a way through scripting to change the dates on the files. Not certain if it is worth it, but would be an interesting challenge I suppose. Kerio is hosted on a Mac OS X 10.3.8 Server in this situation.

Chris Williams
Consulting Engineer
DaVinci Digital
Portland, OR
  •  
Lyle M

Hi,

There have been some previous threads on this issue:

http://forums.kerio.com/index.php?t=msg&goto=17964

http://forums.kerio.com/index.php?t=msg&goto=17266

Using the file system's file date instead of using header info is somewhat questionable. This problem, the calendar issues, and the move/copy of searched results bug, are the core reasons that we have not widely deployed webmail within our organization. Good thing I didn't tell too many people that webmail and KOC were a part of KMS!

You might want to check with Iassen Hristov to see if he ever wrote his script.

Good hunting!

-Lyle
Previous Topic: OL2003 Message notification
Next Topic: Custom reply based on attachment filter?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 08:44:09 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00411 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.