Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Connect Client keeps working (after changing password)
  •  
pyxone

Send a private message to this user
I have customers with a few users who use Kerio Connect Client. Now they have said goodbye to someone, i changed the user password. User can not enter anymore, password has been changed and does not know the new password. A few days later mail is sent from that account, the user has Kerio Connect Client still open. And that apeers to not check the password, so emails can be sent. Do I miss something? a update? is this already a known problem? and easy to re-create.
  •  
PPG

Disable the account...

[Updated on: Wed, 07 November 2018 18:57]

•  
wag357

Are you using Active or Open Directory or are the accounts locally authenticated?

PPG, there are a lot of reasons you might want to leave the account active and just change the password. I do that for some terminations depending on the terminated user's position and what their manager needs to accomplish.

EDIT: A way to mitigate this in the future is to set up a maximum session duration and an auto logout timer in Settings-Advanced Options-Kerio Connect Client
I understand that there should be a way that the server should detect the password change and require a re-auth. This leads back to my original question so we can narrow down which authentication service used and at the very least you could submit an enhancement request. (Yeah right! lol)

[Updated on: Thu, 08 November 2018 19:54]

Previous Topic: Bitdefender AV is not working (IOTimeout (-2108))
Next Topic: Kerio Connect 9.2.7 p3 released
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 21 01:30:24 CET 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.82030 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.