Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » User Authentication
  •  
abhy

Send a private message to this user
I am having problem with user authentication. I have a windows 2000 domain controller, a windows 2000 prof on which I have installed kerio firewall and a client pc. I have kept almost all the setting as default except in user , I added the AD users and used few HTTP rules. From Client PC when a user logs in and try to access any site, it goes to the firewall login page. Once a user is authenticated, no matter how many times i log off and again login... it never goes to the firewall authentication page..and the user is identified as the first user only who was authenticated initially. so all the restricted users can also access the web from that PC. Is there any specific trafic rule or http rule I have to apply so that only certain Active directory users can access the web.
PLease help....
  •  
MaximUm

I also have the same problem. There are 6 users on a client PC in my local network whose sessions must be logged in WinRoute for proper traffic control. For this goal I use HTTP policy to redirect each user to the login page. But nothing works as I want it to work. The first user who logged on that PC is redirected to Kerio's authentication page when he tries to go to any site. That's right. But when he logs off and another user logs in all traffic for this new user is counted as traffic for the user who logged first because the new one isn't redirected to the authentication page due to unknown reasons.
Maybe somebody knows how to send message to WinRoute Firewall on server to log off any user at any time( or at time when he/she logs off OS ) or there exists another solution?
  •  
sophos9

A workaround may be to drop the inactivity logout time to say 30 mins or summin.

I know this is not ideal but alot of things are not in KWF!?

USERS AND GROUPS/Users/Authentication Options

Automatically logout user when inactive - 30

Hope this helps a bit

Dave
  •  
abhy

Thanks Dave. By reducing the inactivity logout time the problem is bit controlled but still I believe there should be some other way to handle the user authentication problem.. And is there any way to bypass the authentication page for the windows authenticated users....I have tried the user automatic logon but still its asking for the authentication whenever a user is trying to access the internet.
  •  
feite

Go to the tab Users / Active Directory/NT domain and check the 'Enable NT domain authentication'. Fill in the domain name (eg active directory name is companyabc.com the domain name is companyabc).

Now move to the tab Users / Authentication options and check the 'Enable user authentication automatically performed by Web browsers'.

Apply the changes and it should work. It did not work for me first because I only entered the AD part and not the domain part. Now it works fine, no login asked. Only the first page takes a bit longer to load.
Previous Topic: Biiiiiiiiiiig problem with VPN
Next Topic: VPN Question
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 09:54:10 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00461 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.