Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Offline pst files
  •  
Richyrich

Send a private message to this user
As Kerio have not made the offline outlook pst facility available yet (as per Exchange) for laptops i have come up with a alternative solution

1 in the group policy, allow pst files to be made offline
2 move outlook pst to a server location
3 make the pst file available offline

et Voila.

When you are off line you have access to your mail, which resyncs on login again. It does mean that the webmail facility only shows new mail but you've got your existing mail already.

Hope this helps
  •  
jonbrain

Sorry if this is a really dumb question but what do you mean by Group Policy, do you mean on the server?
  •  
peterj

This doesn't really achieve anything!!

You are not getting a copy of the KMS mailbox so none of the collaborative features apply.

You might as well pop in to KMS and have a local PSt on the laptops. The only thing this does is backup the PST.

If I have users using KOC for groupware calendars/contacts this does not help...

•  
Richyrich

You Still run the KOC but create another data store as a pst and move all incoming mail to this data stores inbox/folders. This then allows laptop users to have their mail local when disconnected from the network and gives them access to the collaborative features when connected.

This at least allows me to roll the kerio system on an imap basis without alianating the laptop users (who just happen to be the managers!!)

•  
ezposseuk

Thanks for this one! Was thinking about running koc and pst together but had not thought about using synch to backup the pst files. Is this easy to find in the group policies?

Kerio - are you able to give any more indication as to when we might see proper offline integration for the KOC? Please provide any information that you have that may give us a little hope. I dont expect a commitment to a release date but a vague guess would be useful.

Thanks
  •  
desquinn

Are there not some possible downsides to syncing pst files.

like access db's I think they are open to corruption if they are in sue at the time of syncing. This is why they are excluded from offline syncronisation.

just a thought

Des Quinn
  •  
ezposseuk

I think you are right that you need to be careful with pst's. I plan to sync mine at startup and shutdown only - that will ensure outlook is not running.
Previous Topic: crash server [solution]
Next Topic: Kerio or NOT?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 15:50:46 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00400 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.