Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Problem with Full Body Searching in email?
  •  
chris_ohare

Send a private message to this user
I'm unable to search email bodies through the KOC, or the web interface or Mozilla Thunderbird. Is there a timeline for this to be put in? Is there a workaround that I can "sell" to our employees? ( I'm trying to find a replacement to Exchange 5.5, and love the Kerio MailServer except for a couple minor things.. and this, which is a BIG problem. )

I hadn't realized that searching was an IMAP command to be implemented on the server, so I just assumed that text searching would work.
  •  
nickrooster

Yes, I have experienced this problem, but also with KOC, you cannot search by subject properly. It always returns funky results like messages with no subject first. This is only with the find-as-you-type feature of Outlook, though. Regular find works fine, just sloooow for searching subjects. Webmail subject searches work fine.
But just so that I am sure, did you check the box in one of Outlook's dialogues that searches the full body of the email? It's buried in some nonsensical place, like most of Outlook's options.
This is also something that annoys me, but I know it is something that they are working to improve. The only thing to do is wait.
-Nick
  •  
pwhodges

Does anyone have any more info when the IMAP SEARCH command will be fixed to search in bodies? I have some very annoyed people to deal with :~)

Paul
  •  
jonbrain

Iv been told that this functionality won't be available in Outlook until Kerio 6.1 which is scheduled for release first quarter of 2005.
  •  
pwhodges

Hmm, I said IMAP, not Outlook - but I guess the server is simply missing the functionality. The IMAP SEARCH command with the "body" parameter returns no error - just no data either. I wonder what other bits of the IMAP spec are missing; it makes it hard to use an IMAP client that simply expects things to work :-(

Paul
Previous Topic: Outlook MAPI Client Offline
Next Topic: Pop3 download .. and delete ?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 21:34:32 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00392 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.