Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » silent install KOC
  •  
rtames

Send a private message to this user
how can I silently install the outlook connector on pc's?
  •  
t.klein

hi,

when you update the mailserver to a newer version, the connector will automaticly be updated the next time a user starts outlook.

thomas

p.s. first time installation is done by hand because you have to enter the connection settings.
  •  
desquinn

is there any way to check the version on the outlook client?

also is there any way to check on the server which version of client are logging in to the server?

Des Quinn
  •  
peterj

You can check the version of the KOCCore.dll file in the outlook connector folder.

We have our auditing software pick up this file version and inform us.

You shouldn't need the ability to see which KOC versions are connected to KMS as the client will auto-update when you open outlook... (The web service must be running on TCP80 for this feature to work...)

•  
desquinn

thats the thing I do not have the KMS running on port 80 but on port 87. The KOC has had is setting changed to 87 but it would be good to see what versions of clients are connecting to the server ala exchange.

whenever i have done migrations to exchange or upgrades to Outlook clients one of the best confidence inspiring screens has been the logon screen which contained the client versions.

it would be a giid feature in KMS as well although not a critical one. I will consider the software audit package route though.

Des Quinn
  •  
peterj

Also

Forgot to mention that if this is too complex for you you can simply go to help-about KOC
  •  
desquinn

cheers

also found it in

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Kerio\Outlook Connector

Des Quinn
Previous Topic: No Reverse DNS so smarthost???
Next Topic: New Mail Alert
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 09:01:30 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00442 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.