Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Winroute Firewall 6.0.8 VOIP using SIP does not work correct if I use NAT!
  •  
tomcat

Send a private message to this user
Hi I have a big problem, I’m testing Winroute again because in the release history stands that SIP is fixed.
But all my test shows that this is wrong.
I tried to use an VOIP Provider (sipgate).
On the Winroute Server it works fine, but on all clients it does not work correct.
At the clients using NAT you can only hear fragments auf the Voice and sometimes nothing.
An other Problem is when I tried to call my PC with a normal phone using the Stun Server from Sipgate it fails. The Voice traverses Winroute only in one direction from the Stun Server to the client PC but nor from the client PC to the Stun Server. So you can hear what the person at the phone says but the person at the phone can’t hear you.
The same Problem exists between two PC’s. I called a fried and I can hear him but he cannot hear me.
I have configured portmapping correct because if I test it with an hardware Router it works fine.

I hope that some of the developers read this and tests it so that this problem would be solved.

And that someone gives an answer to my posting...

•  
tomcat

...Problem solved, now I'm use IPCop, an Free Linux Firewalldistribution. Everithing works very good, and the Developers helps the Users, fix known Bugs, and don't ignore them linke the Developers of KWF!

[Updated on: Fri, 03 December 2004 12:12]

•  
wolfkerio

is there anybody out there in web, who has
kerio firewall working with SIP???????????

if yes, please let me know.

If anyone of support can tell me how to get that working, please let me know.

if kerio-support only knows one solution, that is to change the firewall to another provider,

let me know

Thanks for Your kind help

regards
wolfgang
wotten<_at_>golweb.com

p.s.
the last reply from support reads like:

====== Please reply above this line ======

new version of kerio winroute firewall an sip functionality -please help

Hi Wolfgang,

Assuming all required rules are present in the version 6 installation, try disabling the SIP Protocol Inspector. To do this, go to Configuration -> Definitions -> Services and locate SIP. Click Edit and change Protocol inspector to none. Once set, retry the connection.

--
Regards

Colin Burn-Murdoch
Technical Support

------------------------------------------------------------ --
Kerio Technologies UK
Sheraton House
Castle Park
Cambridge CB3 0AX

Tel: 01223 370 136, Fax: 01223 370 040

www.kerio.co.uk, www.kerio.com

------------------------------------------------------------ --
No Pasaran!

Ticket Details
=========
Ticket ID: FEW-74823
Tracking URL: http://support.kerio.com/index.php?_a=tickets&_m=viewmai n&emailre=yrwelcome<_at_>yahoo.com&ticketkeyre=33277605&_i=FEW-74823
Department: Support - United Kingdom
Created On: 28 Dec 2004 04:47 PM
Last Update: 28 Dec 2004 04:47 PM

<ticket no="FEW-74823"/>

--- it doesn't work --------!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Previous Topic: Problems with chat rooms
Next Topic: Has anyone successfully managed to get an IPPhone working with KWF6 ?? if so can they *please* share
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 22:43:29 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00352 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.