Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Informative link on Unicode use for Web
  •  
cying

Send a private message to this user
There is some discussion on this forum on Unicode use in Kerio Webmail. I came across this article which is very informative. Hope it helps someone as it has helped me understand how all this black magic works:

http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/Unicode.html

Charles Ying
  •  
Petr Dousa (Kerio)

Thanks for link, it's a great article. I wish authors of all mail clients, which ignore UTF-8 and KMS have to deal with it, have read it:)

Anyway, problems with German and other West-European languages in Webmail will be fixed in 6.0.5 release.

Petr Dousa
user experience designer, Kerio
  •  
stkol

Petr Dousa Kerio developer WROTE:
Thanks for link, it's a great article. I wish authors of all mail clients, which ignore UTF-8 and KMS have to deal with it, have read it:)

Anyway, problems with German and other West-European languages in Webmail will be fixed in 6.0.5 release.

Mayby theres somethings I dont understand - will be fixed in 6.0.5 - how come that My self made danish translation of webmail is not working in 6.0.6 then??? even if I use ø etc the danish characters er not displaying correctly..

How to fix this problem?????
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

stkol wrote on Sun, 09 January 2005 23:09

Petr Dousa Kerio developer WROTE:

Mayby theres somethings I dont understand - will be fixed in 6.0.5 - how come that My self made danish translation of webmail is not working in 6.0.6 then??? even if I use ø etc the danish characters er not displaying correctly..

How to fix this problem?????

Hi stkol,

translation of WebMail is completely different problem than reading of e-mails without specified charset.

Anyway, is your translation file in UTF-8 charset encoding? WebMail translation files must be in UTF-8.
  •  
Petr Dousa (Kerio)

See also: http://support.kerio.com/kb/17
"How do I convert the Webmail into my language?"

Petr Dousa
user experience designer, Kerio
  •  
stkol

Hi Pavel

Thanks for the information on the UTF-8 format, this helped :-) Thanks *S

/Stig :-)
Previous Topic: I can't log in to web mail or an email client
Next Topic: Multiple SMTP listening ports?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 22:47:16 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00491 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.