Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Strange behavior on DHCP clients
  •  
MyDomyKerio

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I installed latest version of KWF and enabled DHCP and DSN server.
On that box there are two net cards: one connected to internet via gateway and other to one switch; at same switch is connected just one pc that requires the ip.

Now, KWF saw, assigned and registered the IP for client's card mac but the client doesn't obtain the ip. In fact executing ipconfig on client there's nothing and trying to renew the IP, the client card says there is no dhcp server! Shocked

Rest KWF's configuration is by default.

If I use MS DHCP' server, the client gets correctly the ip or If I assign manually the IP on client: KWF and client, works correctly.

I'm just getting crazy... I changed the client pc with another one but the behavior is the same.

KWF is hosted on a fresh W2K wks installation with just TCP/IP protocol up.

Anybody gets an idea before I kick off the server?

Thanks.

[Updated on: Fri, 26 November 2004 21:47]

•  
gazzak

I had strange DHCP behaviour too until I un-installed it from Windows 2000 and only used KWF's. Worth a try.
  •  
VehnetSupport

I had this....

To resolve it you need to add a Traffic policy of...

Source: 0.0.0.0
Dest: Firewall (or spec ip of DHCP server)
Ports: All 3 NetBios Services

Hope this helps
  •  
wiper

if u have a XP/w2k client ur ip could b auto-configuerd with 169.254.xx.xx address and then ur rule wont work because dhcp broadcast aint comming from 0.0.0.0 source.

i think gazzak r on something there... uninstall dhcp server at w2k server, not just disable it.

are there only your internal interface (at KWF server) and client connected to the switch?

if u put in static ip address at client does everything works fine then?

/W
  •  
MyKerio

The reason was because I had my ISP with a range link 10.0.0.x and I set up the dhcp server in same range. Changing the dhcp server in different ips range or simply setting different ranges for the two interfaces i solved the problem.
Previous Topic: He/she helps urgent please
Next Topic: Can't disable HTTP traffic on one PC!
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 17:36:23 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00372 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.