Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio's MailServer upgrade sucks
  •  
ubrgeek

Send a private message to this user
Other than the server telling me that an upgrade is available, exactly what does the upgrade functionality do?? I click it and it downloads a package somewhere (running on OS X) and then expects me to magically know where the package went so that I can install it manually. Why doesn't the admin console offer to install it after downloading?

Of note: I just signed up for the email to tell me when upgrades are available. At the bottom of the confirmation email it says, "This mail system is powered by Kerio MailServer 6.0.3." Apparently Kerio has problems figuring out how to upgrade, as well.
  •  
seali

After the update finishes downloading, it let you know where the update is located. And if I am not in error, I think it also tells you how to instrall the update.
  •  
ubrgeek

Not sure which OS you're on, but not on OS X; At least not as far as any screen indicators I can see.
  •  
mkerr

It's actually logged in the warning log once you've downloaded it(I think it should be in the config log myself.....). Here is an excerpt from my last upgrade:

New version was downloaded from Kerio website. For upgrade to the newest version run setup file C:\Program Files\Kerio\MailServer\store/tmp/KMS-6-0-4-T-0-0.exe

I guess it can't be launched from within the Admin GUI, since that too needs to be upgraded when you run the setup file, but I agree, it could be a bit more descriptive from the console once you've downloaded it.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

mkerr wrote on Mon, 29 November 2004 14:47

It's actually logged in the warning log once you've downloaded it(I think it should be in the config log myself.....). Here is an excerpt from my last upgrade:

New version was downloaded from Kerio website. For upgrade to the newest version run setup file C:\Program Files\Kerio\MailServer\store/tmp/KMS-6-0-4-T-0-0.exe

I guess it can't be launched from within the Admin GUI, since that too needs to be upgraded when you run the setup file, but I agree, it could be a bit more descriptive from the console once you've downloaded it.

That's correct. It can't be launched from Administration Console. The upgrade needs an interaction from the user so it have to be launched locally on the desktop. The new file (in store/tmp) is downloaded through secured channel directly from our server thus there is guaranteed an authenticity of that file.
  •  
ubrgeek

Why make us look in the log? Why not display a msg in the download window telling us where it is?
Previous Topic: 452 Try again later
Next Topic: 6.04 Error with Atchments and AV Engine
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 16:40:25 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00454 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.