Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » p2p
  •  
Eduardo Hernandez

Send a private message to this user
Hi! Excuse my bad knowledge about Kerion Winroute Firewall but iam a new user of it. How I Can autorize p2p programs like Emule or bittorrents, i tried to open the ports that this programs use but still not working, if anybody knows how to do this pleas answer.
Thanks

---------------------------------

[Updated on: Thu, 09 December 2004 17:23] by Moderator

•  
feite

Check if the p2p eliminator is enabled. To check it go to Advanced Options en select the tab P2P Eliminator. The 'Block Peer to Peer networks when detected' should not be enabled.

Feite
  •  
Eduardo Hernandez

feite <f.jaarsma<_at_>stratech.nl> wrote:

Check if the p2p eliminator is enabled. To check it go to Advanced Options en select the tab P2P Eliminator. The 'Block Peer to Peer networks when detected' should not be enabled.

Feite

I Already check if the p2p eliminator was enabled, is disabled but still not working

•  
feite

Enable packet logging in the traffic rules and check what traffic is generated. You can find the log messages in the filterlog.

If you are trying to use Emule from another pc than the firewall make sure you enable NAT (default outgoing interface)

Feite
  •  
Eduardo Hernandez

feite <f.jaarsma<_at_>stratech.nl> wrote:

Enable packet logging in the traffic rules and check what traffic is generated. You can find the log messages in the filterlog.

If you are trying to use Emule from another pc than the firewall make sure you enable NAT (default outgoing interface)

Feite

Remember that Iam a new user of Kerio, how can i enable the packet logging in the traffic rules, and Yes, Iam using Emule from another pc than the firewall

•  
feite

Open the administration console and go to the traffic rules. Select the rule for Emule and doubleclick on the field in the column 'Log'. A window shows up and you can select logging of connections and/or packets. Enable packets.

NAT: doubleclick on the field in the column 'Translation'. A popup window shows up. Select in the part about source nat the option 'translate to ip address of outgoing interface (typical setting)'. Make sure in the part about destination NAT the option 'no translation' is selected.
  •  
feite

Just noticed that version 6.0.9 is out. In the release history it says: - blocking and logging of P2P traffic is now more accurate

Try it.
Previous Topic: Kerio WinRoute Firewall 6.0.9 released!
Next Topic: Generals Zero Hour and kerio 6.0.8 problem
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 07:21:55 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00476 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.