Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » your machine specs, please
  •  
tek_san

Send a private message to this user
I had this thread up some time ago and I am still curious what machines and OS you are using.
We do have 180 users connected as IMAP clients and serving about 45 GB of maildata to them.
This runs on a HP Proliant 320 with an IDE mirrored drive configuration. The Proliant has 1.1 GB of RAM and a P4 with 2.66 Ghz speed.
I feel beeing a bit on the edge of performance which is mainly a disc issue. I think I underestimated the disc I/Os.
I will switch to SCSI discs soon and hope this gives me a performance boost.
Please let me know how your system is setup.

Thanks for your response!

regards

Oliver

KC 7.3.1, Win2003 in vsphere 4.1, store drive attached via iSCSI, OS drive attached via NFS.
220+ IMAP Accounts: 210 OSX Mail /Entourage Clients, 10 Outlook 2003 KOC Clients - iPhones, Nokia E66, HTC 4350
Archive:EMA Appliance, SpamFilter: Nospamproxy
  •  
td23

P4 2,4
1GB RAM
good old Linux ;)
and all works fine, except the buggy Virusengine ^^
  •  
tek_san

addition:
I have a separat antivirusmailgateway (scrabble! give me 100 points!) running on a os x machine.
It runs the opensource av solution clamav (which is free!) does also black- and whitelisting and so filters out a lot of mail before the builtin postfix forwards the rest of mails to my proliant kerio mail server. I definitly recommend this as it is free and works very efficient.
regards

Oliver

KC 7.3.1, Win2003 in vsphere 4.1, store drive attached via iSCSI, OS drive attached via NFS.
220+ IMAP Accounts: 210 OSX Mail /Entourage Clients, 10 Outlook 2003 KOC Clients - iPhones, Nokia E66, HTC 4350
  •  
sophos9

AMD XP 3200+
1.5gb Kingston
RAID 10 64kb 180gb

Runs just great apart from the webmail interface but thats not the hardwares fault! Ditch the IDE and run SATA or SCSI

•  
Tr!une

I have a P4 2.4G Linux box running KMS 5.7.10. It has 512 ram and IDE drives. I am setting up a new P4 2.8 with 1 Gig of RAM and SATA drives with Win2k for the 6.x version.

The Linux runs great, no reboots needed. But I just am not comfortable configuring and patching, so I am going Win2k.

***EDIT***
only have 100 users. Not sure how large the DB is. Not an excessive amount of email is sent or received (excluding spam of course)

[Updated on: Mon, 13 December 2004 18:17]

•  
tek_san

to make the specs more comparably it would be great if you told how many users you have and how large the maildatabase is.
thanks so much
regards

Oliver

Previous Topic: CPU Spike on Linux version
Next Topic: SMTP connection limits
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 07:03:41 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00521 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.