Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Adding Mail Accounts From A Webpage.
  •  
Quaxxon

Send a private message to this user
Hey Guys,

I am interested in letting users add there own accounts so I dont have to do it and wondering if it can be done?

I know that all user accounts are stored in the users.cfg file and wondering if this file can be edited and appended to, or even a good option?

Maybe even if kerio had an option to add more acounts by email like the way they would add a mailing list.

I'm surprised an option isnt already available, as Im sure all you guys also get fed up with having to do this for all your clients.

Any sugestions would be great.
  •  
bertold

This is also what I would like to do. It seems very easy to edit the users.cfg file, though I can't make KMS reload this file. Does anybody know if it's possible to trigger KMS to reload it?
  •  
lebobo

you can stop and start service Kerio and users.cfg will be reloaded !
  •  
NoodlesNogan

You can always install the Kerio administration console on your workstation and get in to the server that way, assuming you're able to open the ports (for external access). That's how I do it for my 5 clients; it's encrypted, it's relatively fast and doesn't require stop/start.
  •  
bertold

These solutions don't really solve my and Quaxxon's problem. I would like to let users add their own accounts, with no administrator actions required.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Web-based administration of users accounts is one of key features in upcoming KMS 6.1.0. The user with proper rights will be able to manage (add/remove/edit) all users inside the domain.
  •  
st3phen

Sadly, mailing list administration appears to have been forgotten in the new web-based admin. I've been promising this feature to my moderators since seeing this thread. Now, I am at a loss as to how I should provide this functionality. In fact, I have a face-to-face meeting with the interested parties about this subject on Thursday morning.

What to do?
  •  
Bypartizoa

PavelDobry wrote on Sat, 26 February 2005 07:46

Web-based administration of users accounts is one of key features in upcoming KMS 6.1.0. The user with proper rights will be able to manage (add/remove/edit) all users inside the domain.

I was happy to see this feature in KMS 6.1.0. However it does not allow you to add users from Open Directory or Active Directory, which unfortunately makes this feature of no use to us.

Will Kerio be adding OD/AD/LDAP support to the web based admin tool? It would be very helpful to many of us.

[Updated on: Tue, 02 August 2005 21:34]

•  
jeffleeismyhero

st3phen wrote on Tue, 02 August 2005 19:05

Sadly, mailing list administration appears to have been forgotten in the new web-based admin. I've been promising this feature to my moderators since seeing this thread. Now, I am at a loss as to how I should provide this functionality. In fact, I have a face-to-face meeting with the interested parties about this subject on Thursday morning.

What to do?

I would like this functionality as well. This is one thing I miss from my soon to be old mailserver (CommuniGate Pro).
Previous Topic: Minor upgrades / expired license
Next Topic: Feature request
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 01:32:11 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00489 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.