Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » entourage calendar and kms
  •  
tek_san

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
has anyone managed to get the public folder listings from kms?
I use 6.0.4 and 6.0.5 soon and I do not get any public folders or calendar entries.
As I look into debug for http and webdav I see some messages concerning my test beeing logged, but no event is updated or entered in the webinterface or entourage.
What I want to gain is a public calendar, used from within entourage.
Is this possible and how fo I manage it.
Any hints?

thank you

regards

Oliver

KC 7.3.1, Win2003 in vsphere 4.1, store drive attached via iSCSI, OS drive attached via NFS.
220+ IMAP Accounts: 210 OSX Mail /Entourage Clients, 10 Outlook 2003 KOC Clients - iPhones, Nokia E66, HTC 4350
Archive:EMA Appliance, SpamFilter: Nospamproxy
  •  
MacDave

I'd also like to hear any info/suggestions anyone has on using public folders for sharing calendars/contacts among Mac entourage users. Are there any how-to's? User experiences? Has this feature been officially released yet?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

MacDave wrote on Wed, 22 December 2004 10:06

I'd also like to hear any info/suggestions anyone has on using public folders for sharing calendars/contacts among Mac entourage users. Are there any how-to's? User experiences? Has this feature been officially released yet?

Entourage does not support public calendar or public contacts folder. It's the limitation of the client, not KMS issue.
  •  
MacDave

My understanding was that entourage 2004 for Macintosh is able to use public folders for sharing contacts and even calendars, but in order to enable that functionality, you need to use an Exchange server account type (which basically just uses OWA) in the entourage set up. I was told by KMS support that this feature wouls be supported, specifically in Entourage Mac - am I wrong?
  •  
tek_san

PavelDobry wrote on Wed, 22 December 2004 14:56

MacDave wrote on Wed, 22 December 2004 10:06

Entourage does not support public calendar or public contacts folder. It's the limitation of the client, not KMS issue.

This is tricky...
You're reply is from december 22nd, the day version 6.06 was released and in the liner notes it says:
"global Public folders for all domains are now visible in Entourage 2004"
So, does Entourage now support public folders or not and please anybody:
Can you give a small 3 point describtion of how to setup an entourage account to make use of public calendars?
regards and thank you
Oliver

KC 7.3.1, Win2003 in vsphere 4.1, store drive attached via iSCSI, OS drive attached via NFS.
220+ IMAP Accounts: 210 OSX Mail /Entourage Clients, 10 Outlook 2003 KOC Clients - iPhones, Nokia E66, HTC 4350
Archive:EMA Appliance, SpamFilter: Nospamproxy
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

tek_san wrote on Wed, 29 December 2004 06:31

This is tricky...
You're reply is from december 22nd, the day version 6.06 was released and in the liner notes it says:
"global Public folders for all domains are now visible in Entourage 2004"
So, does Entourage now support public folders or not and please anybody:
Can you give a small 3 point describtion of how to setup an entourage account to make use of public calendars?
regards and thank you
Oliver

No, it isn't. Entourage DOES NOT support public contacts or public calendar. You can use only personal ones. Unfortunately, they are shared among all e-mail accounts (Exchange type) defined in Entourage user's profile.
Yes, Entourage DOES support e-mail public folders. That's what the changelog is about.

[Updated on: Wed, 29 December 2004 12:34]

•  
MacDave

Does anyone know if Entourage support for shared calendars and contacts is coming anytime soon? I know this is something Microsoft needs to add to Entourage, but wondering if anyone here has heard anything.
  •  
peterj

I don't think it is likely anytime soon..

Our mac users have switched to webmail
  •  
puskas

MS have stated that they will release a new service pack in the second half of 05. The have said that it will fix several bugs and provide extra calendering/groupware features. Obviously, they are not stating what these features are and it's a case of sitting and waiting....

The likelihood is that there will be compatibility problems with KerioMailServer and the new SP. This would be until Kerio alter their code to fit in with Entourage.
Previous Topic: Who I can work to IIS and KWM.
Next Topic: Admin client for OSX 10.4
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 15:08:20 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00443 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.