Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Traffic shaping SW doesn't work ?
  •  
gibman

Send a private message to this user
Since kerio currently dont support traffic shaping, I have to try 3rd party software, with bad success-

I have tried...

1) cfosspeed 1.08
http://www.cfos.de/speed/docs/doku_e.htm
It does nothing, the meters say 0.0%

2) bandwidth controller 0.31
Ive set up various rules, that all works on the statistics screen, they indicate data transfer just fine.
My problem is that the rate isn't being throttled at all.
The effect is like the software isn't even installed.

I've installed kerio WRF trial 6.0.9.
I have 2 nics on the kerio server.

On a sidenote....
I can confirm that LAN access is slow, winroute.exe eats up 70-80% CPU time when doing a normal file transfer through LAN. bad bad.

Also I couldn't make my "sipura 2000" SIP telephone adaptor work by using the default plug and play SIP/voip claimed support.
My fix was to remove the SIP protocol inspector on the SIP service.
I then made a NAT translation to my SIPURA with the SIP service (5060-5061 UDP)along with ports (16384-16484 UDP).
Now it works Smile good ole' NAT.

/Gibman
  •  
gibman

No replies ?

Let me more specific.
Any of you "BandWidth-Controller" users that want to share their filters/rules with me ?

I have trouble making BWC shape the traffic dynamically.
I have installed BWC 0.31.

On the server I run either wingate 6.03 build 1005 or kerio winroute 6.0.9.

2 NICS on server:
LAN :
ip: 192.168.1.1
sub: 255.255.255.0
WAN: dhcp from cablemodem.

All clients use dhcp, and the internet is working ok there :=) thanx to wingate/winroute.
All internet traffic is being routed by winroute or wingate, Ive tested both.

On the server I run emule with full upload capacity, making the connection lag for all other programs (web etc.)

This is why I installed bwc in the first place, to make it turn down the upload speed for emule.

My primary goal was to have my sipura voip phone-adaptor work without jitter and delays, no matter how much
upload bandwidth was being used by emule p2p.

My sipura adaptor is on its own ip adress / dhcp.

BWC is setup like this;

LAN: (100 mbit, i know bandwidth should be more)
send bandwidth: 512
receive bandwidth: 4096

WAN:
send bandwidth: 512
receive bandwidth: 4096

dont filer local traffic: unchecked.

4 Filters:

SIPURA UL
WAN
SEND
Gua.rate=50.000
Max.rate=UNLIM.
PRIO=9
UDP
ANY
ANY
ANY
14000-15000

SIPURA DL
WAN
REC
Gua.rate=50.000
Max.rate=UNLIM.
PRIO=9
UDP
ANY
ANY
ANY
16384-16482

EMULE UL
WAN
SEND
Gua.rate=0
Max.rate=UNLIM.
PRIO=1
TCP
ANY
ANY
ANY
1000-5000

EMULE DL
WAN
REC
Gua.rate=0
Max.rate=UNLIM.
PRIO=1
TCP
ANY
ANY
ANY
4663-4675

weighting factor all:1

I can successfully confirm that the statistical graphs shows the correct amount of traffic when utilizing either emule or the sipura voip phone.

I can hard cap the various filters to a maximum bandwidth, but this is not what I want.
So this part is working fine I guess.

but....

When both emule and the SIP phone are being used, the 50k/s upload bandwidth of emule is not being turned
down by BWC, it's simply ignoring the SIP phone.
Seems like the "guaranteed bandwidth" of 50.000 is being totally ignored.

I have tried many things, changing guaranteed bandwidth.
Using LAN instead of WAN...yadayada.

Do I really have to install linux to get some decent bandwidth shaping here?
I was thinking about buying the linksys WRT54G router and flash it with "sweasoft linux wonder shaper" firmware, should have done this 2 weeks ago now, since I've tried all the software in the world for XP, and wasted my time in doing so.

I am about to give up on this.

Regards Gibman.
professional programmer
network admin
  •  
deftoner

HI!

i have used Bandwidth controller 0.19 with Kerio WInroute Firewall and work FINE!

but now when i format and upgrade to the version 6.0.9, it work at the start.. but some "packet" is "captured" by KWF and not by bandwidth controller Sad

To correct that, you need to create rules based on CLIENT ip.

like:

Protocol IP
Source 192.168.0.10 (Clien IP)
Destination ANY
Way: Receive
Band: 5000 (bytes)

it limit to 5 K all trafic from the client to server

But if you pt in destination the server IP, all the connections to IP of internet that past thru the GATEWAY, will be captured by KWF, and not Bandwitdh becouse it asume that the destination is the IP of Internet and not the server IP

the problem of this rule is that limit ALL te trafic (include the request and the local trafic)

you need to create other rule allowing free band on the port of File Sharing of Windows

Previous Topic: MSN video/voice dosent work
Next Topic: Outlook E. + Hotmail (HTTPMail)
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 05:25:11 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00410 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.