Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Winroute causing DNS resolution issues after 15 mins!
  •  
gazzak

Send a private message to this user
I'm trying the trial of 6.09 and if we can solve the following problem we will definately buy a licence.

There is no big network, just 1 test PC and 1 router PC with winroute as the firwall, (6.09)

I built a PC to use as a router to the internet and loaded a clean install of W2K server. I installed winroute 6.09 and setup. I used another pc to conenct to the "private" NIC on the server to use winroute as it's firewall to the internet. For the first 15 minutes all worked fine. After that it just stoped working. From the W2K server I can't resolve IP addresses to the internet, DNS resolution appears to not exist. It just stopped working after 15 minutes. After an uninstall and re-install the exact same thing happened. I even loaded W2K Professional and loaded winroute again and exactly the same thing happened again. Even with winroute turned off there is definately something strange going on with DNS resolution. This is something that is 100% caused by Winroute because without it running I connect OK with no problems for as long as I like.

So what is winroute corrupting every time I run it after 15 minutes of internet use?

I've been through all the forums and tried all the usual tricks & tips suggested for similar things so this post is a last resort. We use Winroute 4 at another site with no issues, so I know the application fairly well. In my opinion there is a problem with 6.09 that is causing an issue with my IP addressing on the public connection NIC.

Any ideas Winroute people?

PS. none of the logs give any indication whatsoever of what could be the cause. All look normal.
Previous Topic: Need Kerio VPN Client for OS X
Next Topic: Game servers running on computers behind NAT with winroute
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 04:24:06 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00317 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.