Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » smtp port blocked. why?
  •  
knuddel74

Send a private message to this user
Hello.
I work with KMS 6.0.3. on a older system with xp pro without SP1 + SP2. KMS runs perfect.
Now I installed KMS on a new system with XP pro included SP2.
All settings are the same, but I get the warning "cannot connect to relay server ..."
KMS can download the mails over pop3, but cannot sent over smtp from the same mailbox.
I have switched to direct send... = no mails going out
I turned off the windows firewall... still the same problem!

I tested with telnet "systemname" 25
Result: no connect to port 25

But on my old system: SMTP ready

WHY?
All my mailclients are Mozilla Thunderbird and I can send and receive mails without KMS.
Has KMS a problem with XP SP2?

I hope anyone can help me.
  •  
desquinn

windows firewall?

Des Quinn
  •  
knuddel74

Yes, windows firewall. Windows XP pro with SP2 contains a security center with firewall, updater and virus checker.

But I have solved the problem. I use a extern Mc Affee Anti Virus Engine. (KMS Anti Virus is dectivated) The function "send mails with mass mail worms" blocks my port 25 for KMS, not for my Mail client. I dectivate it and my mail going out.

I was busy with this easy problem for 12 hours!!! :-(
What a ******* day!

Greetings knuddel
Previous Topic: Which domain?
Next Topic: How to point to X record??
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 17:25:18 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00348 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.