Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Default Address Book / Shared Contacts
  •  
Dr.Twister

Send a private message to this user
I'm trying to determine a way to get shared address books through the LDAP directory to work.

Using KMS 6.0.5 on an Apple OSX server.
Clients are using Windows XP Pro, Outlook 2003 and KOC 6.0.5

If I go into contacts I see all of the contacts Outlook is able to pull from Kerio, however if I go into the calendar and want to find a name of someone to search their calendar it can not find any names. Same thing happens if I go to send an email and want to search my address books, it will find the default contact list but not the Kerio address book. Again despite seeing all of the names from Kerio in the contact section of Outlook.

Any ideas how to resolve this?

•  
Lyle M

For sending mail, you need to configure the clients to look in the desired address books. I don't have a KOC Outlook install in front of me, so this will be a webmail step by step.

In webmail, click on "settings"
Click on the "Contacts & Calendar" tab.
Click on the "Choose folders" button.
Put a checkmark in each of the address books that you wish to have searched when auto-completing e-mail addresses.

It helps to have "Automatic checks of address" checked in the "General" tab of settings for webmail users.

For Outlook to use the LDAP server just look at chapter 8 of the manual (p.123). It doesn't use a standard search base (fn=ContactRoot), so the manual is essential. Once you're connected, I think you have to tell Outlook how to use the contact list, but I don't remember all the steps.

Sorry I couldn't answer all your questions in detail. Perhaps when I get a Windoze machine back on my desk...

Cheers.
  •  
peterj

I could use this advice
Previous Topic: thunderbird & ldap
Next Topic: Outlook - Directory
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 21:33:36 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00371 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.