Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Move from 6.0.3 to 5.7.10, anyone try this?
  •  
winchcable

Send a private message to this user
We are currently running Kerio Mailserver 6.0.3. Our main use for it is webmail. We started with version 5.7.7. Everything was good until we went to the 6 series. At this time we have had enough and are going back to 5.7.10. Here is what I have done and my question is has anyone else done this and are there any issues that have shown up?

We have this running on a Fedora Core 2 server.

-I backed up the /opt/kerio directory and all its contents.
-I uninstalled Kerio Mailserver 6.0.3.
-I installed Kerio Mailserver 5.7.10.
-I created the users that we had.
-I logged in as each user to create the folder in the store directory.
-I then took, one by one, each of the original user directories from Kerio 6.0.3 and tared them. I moved all the tar files to the store directory in the 5.7.10 install directory. I renamed the user directories and then untared the tar files. At that point I had all the users directories back with their email that they were looking at from the point I stoped the mailserver and tared their folders. I know there are a few extra files and folders in there that are not used by Kerio 5.7.10 but so far I have not noticed any problems (but I have not used it long).

Anyone else out there do this? Was it successful? Please let me know if there are any issues with this.

Thanks
  •  
kokhong

Send a private message to this user
The steps seems complicated. I believe you'd only need to perform the following:

rpm -Uvh kerio-version.rpm

To be safe just backup
1) mailserver.cfg
2) users.cfg
3) kerio/mailserver/store
Previous Topic: Authentification.cpp Cannot copy aythotisation rights: code -60005
Next Topic: Blank emails
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 20:32:05 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00341 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.