Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » LDAP Address Books
  •  
peterj

Send a private message to this user

I am finally giving up using the KOC and moving to IMAP.

The speed is not getting any better and if anything I have more bugs now than ever.

Has anyone had any luck using LDAP & Outlook 2003

I have contacts folders in individual mailboxes and public folders and have never managed to get checking via LDAP working consistently & properly.

Could someone post a basic guide on how to setup.

Also can the LDAP DB only be used for searching/checking addresses or can you view it's contents. If so how do you view and add to contacts without resorting to webmail or KOC?

Thanks

[Updated on: Tue, 21 December 2004 01:06]

•  
Rix_UK

I don't think the LDAP works properly. I have been evaluating KMS6.0.4 for a few weeks and could not get a Thunderbird mail client to connect to the Kerio LDAP server (running under Linux).

I tried an LDAP browser which reports that it is connected to the server but says "No entries returned" (there should be 3 or 4).

The UK support people told me there was a known problem with this and it is "being worked on for a major client".

However, an inability to get addresses from an LDAP server seems pretty fundamental when you run to use an IMAP, standard-type environment.
  •  
tek_san

Same with me concerning Thunderbird, but to me thunderbird ldap support is crap.
We use OS X Addressbook an it just works fine.
We should not blame Kerio for everything not working as expected.
Still they deliver a fine product which is working well in our mac-driven IMAP environment.
regards
Oliver

KC 7.3.1, Win2003 in vsphere 4.1, store drive attached via iSCSI, OS drive attached via NFS.
220+ IMAP Accounts: 210 OSX Mail /Entourage Clients, 10 Outlook 2003 KOC Clients - iPhones, Nokia E66, HTC 4350
Archive:EMA Appliance, SpamFilter: Nospamproxy
  •  
Rix_UK

I would agree that KMS appears to be a fine product but, from reading many messages here, it seems to be let down by poor support.
I have now upgraded to KMS 6.0.6 and the LDAP problem does not appear to have been fixed. My LDAP browser is able to connect to the LDAP server and can see 'cn' and 'fn' fields but gets "No entries returned".
An inability to connect and fully support Thunderbird (or any non-Microsoft email client) will restrict KMS's success in converting MS Exchange users.

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Rix_UK wrote on Wed, 29 December 2004 14:10

I would agree that KMS appears to be a fine product but, from reading many messages here, it seems to be let down by poor support.
I have now upgraded to KMS 6.0.6 and the LDAP problem does not appear to have been fixed. My LDAP browser is able to connect to the LDAP server and can see 'cn' and 'fn' fields but gets "No entries returned".
An inability to connect and fully support Thunderbird (or any non-Microsoft email client) will restrict KMS's success in converting MS Exchange users.

We are aware of incompatibility of LDAP server in KMS with some LDAP clients (particulary with some LDAP queries). LDAP server has been improved to handle correctly all major LDAP queries from e-mail clients. It will be available in KMS 6.1.
  •  
peterj

..... Which will be several months away (STILL!!!!!)
  •  
peterj

Any news on the fix?
  •  
Rix_UK

Quote:

We are aware of incompatibility of LDAP server in KMS with some LDAP clients (particulary with some LDAP queries). LDAP server has been improved to handle correctly all major LDAP queries from e-mail clients. It will be available in KMS 6.1

Thanks, Pavel.
Unfortunately this means we will have to suspend our evaluation until 6.1 is available.
Do you have release date for it?

[Updated on: Mon, 10 January 2005 11:08]

Previous Topic: Auto delete agenda items
Next Topic: Wish List...
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 16:51:44 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00428 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.