Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Only one account in Outlook user profile when using KOC
  •  
perbauer

Send a private message to this user
I was told by Kerio support that;

"Unfortunately we officially support using only one account within the profile using the Outlook connector."

This creates a problem for me since many users check several accounts on several servers. Is there anyone else who is in my situation? Have you had any problems with KOC together with other accounts in the same profile?
  •  
Lyle M

I haven't tried multiple accounts using KOC, but if it doesn't work there may be a satisfactory workaround.

For the secondary accounts, use webmail to share those accounts with the users who need to monitor them. Just right click on the specific folders and choose "share folder..." The primary accounts will see them in their folder listing after they subscribe to the shared folders of the secondary accounts. The subscribe dialog is accessed by right-clicking on the account name at the top of the folder listing.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.
  •  
perbauer

Well, I don’t have the scenario you describe. I have different accounts on different servers. I’d like to be able to collect pop3 e-mail from Hotmail, Yahoo and others into the same Outlook profile that also has a KOC account.
  •  
peterj

As a workaround, if they are all pop3 accounts why not have the KMS server download the mail and route it to your mailbox.

Then there is no need for additional local outlook accounts...?

Just a thought???
  •  
perbauer

Yes you’re right. For e-mail I can use POP3 and then select “leave messages on server” if I also want to use webmail. But what I forgot to mention was that I’m mainly after the shared calendar function in KOC. Several people also, beside the many e-mail accounts, would like to use a shared calendar for project planning. If I want them to be able to do the planning using Outlook I need the KOC. Or might there be some other way to get a calendar into Outlook? I don’t think so.

Yesterday I had a strange error on one of the Outlook installations that have both KOC and other accounts. When the user used the KOC to send an e-mail with an attachment, the attachment didn’t reach the recipient. The e-mail look correct in the users sent folder and it looked correct in the recipients Outlook apart from the missing attachment. If the user sent the same e-mail to himself the attachment was included. So when sending to another user the server removed the attachment. Strange, is it not?
  •  
peterj

You can still subscribe to users shared folders like calendars without needing more than 1 a/c in the profile.

Anyway does it matter that Kerio "don't support it"??

Even the things they do support often don't work - just try it.

[Updated on: Fri, 24 December 2004 23:25]

•  
perbauer

I have tried it (now and before I knew it wasn't supported) and I get a lot of strange errors like the one described above. I'd really like this to work but I think Kerio also have seen the big problems with several accounts since they probably have tested it also.
Previous Topic: NNTP server--why?
Next Topic: incorrect email log
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 12:18:13 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00397 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.