Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » IP Address binding
  •  
sedell

Send a private message to this user
Has anyone been able to bind an IP address successfully? I have KMS installed on a machine with 2 NICs. There are several messages in the queue with status of 4.4.1 Cannot connect to remote host. I've checked the firewall logs, and about half the time, KMS uses the wrong IP address, and can't get through the corporate firewall. I have the SMTP and Secure SMTP services set to use the correct address.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Scott

Scott
  •  
sedell

I just noticed it specifies listening port under services. Is there a way to bind the IP address for seding?

Scott

Scott
  •  
Jarda Snajdr (Kerio)

You can choose the interface the service listens on. Select the Services page in Admin and edit the service properties.

However, it's not possible to bind the outgoing SMTP connections to a specific interface. That address should be always correctly selected by the operating systems TCP/IP stack. If you have any problems, I think that your routing table is not set up correctly.

•  
sedell

Is it possible to set up a routing table locally on the machine? Unfortunately, we had a hardware failure, so temporarily Kerio is running on a backup node of a Windows 2000 cluster. It's all I have available at the moment with enough space. As far as I'm aware, the only thing the private IP should be used for is cluster-node to cluster-node communication, but Kerio is using the private IP roughly about half the time. The person who set up the clusters is no longer with us, and I'm not terribly familiar with clustering.

Hopefully,the new hardware will be in house soon, but I'm hoping to get this straightened out in the meantime as it adds sometimes significant delays to outbound mail. The only way I've found to get around it is about once an hour or so, I disable the private IP, process anything sitting in the queue, then re-enable the private IP.

Previous Topic: Notes are not Available (& Maybe not supported!)
Next Topic: HELP: Delivery Status Notification (Delay)[Scanned]
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 14:19:26 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00397 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.