Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Migration from IMail
  •  
chris88

Send a private message to this user
We are about to switch from IMail to Kerio Mail Server 6. I was wondering what would be the best method of migrating our mail from the IMail server to the new Kerio mail server.

Also, running on Windows 2003, how fast of a server do we need to support about 75 users on Webmail and about 25 users on IMAP?

Thanks in advance for your help!
  •  
peterj

I would stick with IMAIL (Which I know to be a good IPSwitch Product)

Kerio MailServer is extremely unstable at the moment (In fact for the last several months!!!)

•  
chris88

Well, unfortunately, IPSwitch is phasing out the stand alone IMail server in favor of “Ipswitch Collaboration Suite”. From what I’ve heard, this is poorly implemented and would cost us more to upgrade to than purchasing Kerio Mail Server would. Also, the development of IMail server seems to be moving at a snail’s pace. We need SSL/TLS which is simply not offered in IMail server.

Is everyone having stability problems with Kerio Mail Server? I have been running the demo for the last few weeks and have had no problems. From reading the forums, I know a lot of people have problems with the KOC, but we have no plans of using that.

Is it the feeling of most people here that we would be better to stay away from Kerio Mail Server? What I have seen of it, I have liked. As of yet, I have not experienced any problems. If you do advise against Kerio Mail Server, what software would you recommend?
Previous Topic: Web Calendar recurrency
Next Topic: McAfee AntiVirus Subscription - Updates as long as you own Kerio Mailserver?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 17:49:46 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00356 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.