Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » KWF 6.0.9 does or does not support RRAS and all its functions ?
  •  
doubolplay1

Send a private message to this user
This seems to be the question of the year for all of Kerio developers and users. It seems Kerio somehow interferes with Windows 2000/2k3 servers functions; Although it states it supports RRAS, it really should say it only supports certain
functions of it. It has been my experience that KWF is great for desktop use, but definitely not for server use. Therefore, I cannot understand the pricing of it. Any good server firewall should allow the server services to function as if no changes are in place. It should secure the server and if a rule is in place to open a port, it should in fact open it and allow the server to take over from there. If that doesn't happen what really is the purpose of the opening of the port , if the firewall needs further configuration or maybe it just doesn't allow it. This has all been very clear in the ongoing search for a fix to allow mapping of ports and NAT to be taken care of by the server instead of KWF and it doesn't matter what you do it refuses to allow the server to do its job. Very, very disappointed. I would like to know if I am the only experiencing this , but i have "googled" and searched forums and it seems no one has figured this out. Sincerely, Tony

P.S-> Am I just being crazy or does anybody agree with me?

"Attitude reflects Leadership!"
  •  
Umpalumpa

ACK!
KWF interferes with RRAS on W2K-Servers with SP2 and later!
No chance!
U.
  •  
doubolplay1

Thank you, I thought I was the only one. I would not recommend this to any person in IT , which kind of defeats the purpose of KWf being so powerful. I mean would any home user buy this firewall ? Or would any IT department really use it ?

"Attitude reflects Leadership!"
  •  
zoechi

I have troubles with Winroute and RRAS too
Routing beweent RRAS-VPN-Netzworks doesn't work anymore,
even if Winroute is disabled.

I had to deinstall Winroute.
Previous Topic: Remote Admin Policy
Next Topic: NAT on vpn
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 19:13:19 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00369 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.