Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Login Dialog Box everytime you start Outlook? Possible?
  •  
Malic

Send a private message to this user
I want to have the Kerio Login Box every time i open up Outlook. For Security reasons. Is this possible?
I mean not to safe the password so you have to re-enter it every time outlook restarts???

thx..
  •  
peterj

I set my new PC's up with a default profile with blank kerio credentials so that they are prompted for username & password.

I did this by removing the user details fropm the mapi profile section of the registry.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\<profilename>

My suggestion is that you remove the username from this key and then change the permissions so that it cannot be modified. This may achieve what you want as the changes made when user inputs the credentials would not be saved to the registry so it would continue to prompt.

A reasonable theory but needs testing out.
  •  
Malic

hmm... thx for the reply.
but i dont want to do this on 60 machines here....
isnt there any other way to set up a password in outlook????
  •  
peterj

Outlook kerio connector dialog does not let you enter incorrect credentials & even if it did it would only prompt user to correct the details the first time they ran OL.

I wasn't suggesting this was the neatest solution ever but may not otherwise be possible.

Surely you could script the mapi prof change and subsequent ACL if you don't want to visit the client PC's????

•  
Malic

i mean with the kerio solution you have ZERO security in outlook.
i really cant understand why there isnt a password check....

are there tools or anything else that can set up a password in outlook???
  •  
desquinn

i am confused by your post. Why "zero security"? you have a username and password combo in the KOC.

Des Quinn
  •  
Malic

sure...
but every user who has access on the same pc can start outlook and read/write mails... there is no security in outlook itself with koc.
  •  
desquinn

i think I get your point but with xp and 2000 etc then a screensvaer and password combo should be in force. Otherwise the same risk is present with an exchange setup.

Des Quinn
Previous Topic: DNS cache
Next Topic: Slow Sending Mail with Attachment
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 20:38:06 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00409 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.