Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » saving email rules with OutlookXP and KOC doesn't work
  •  
wimwauters

Send a private message to this user
Hello all,

I'm running:
- Windows 2000 (pro and server) with SP4 + all security updates
- Outlook XP/2002 with SP3 + all security updates
- Kerio Outlook Connector 6.0.5
- Kerio Mailserver 6.0.6
- Kerio Winroute Firewall 6.0.9
- Kerio VPN connector 1.0.7

I can create email rules and they get saved for IMAP accounts.
But when I create rules for the KOC account, which is also the primary Outlook account, the rules are not saved (they are lost after adding the next rule, or after the next restart of Outlook).

This is over a Kerio VPN connection, I will try on the internal network next...

[Updated on: Fri, 07 January 2005 13:44]

With Regards,
Wim Wauters
T/A Unisoft Design
www.dataservices247.com
  •  
peterj

I agree this may be related to the VPN

However if you have multiple accounts in outlook for mail (especially if KOC is not the 'primary') this is unsupported!

•  
wimwauters

Hello there,

thanks for the reply.

The KOC is the main account, and the problem is also there on the internal network.
I think it's another Microsoft incompatibility glitch, and I hope the Kerio team can reverse engineer it out :-)

So you are saying I shouldn't expect rules to work for the KOC if there are any other email accounts defined alongside the KOC?
Or just that the KOC needs to be the primary?

With Regards,
Wim Wauters
T/A Unisoft Design
www.dataservices247.com
  •  
peterj

Sorry I think I have just understood the problem

You are talking about going to Tools-Rule/Alerts and creating rules.

This doesn't work with the KOC in the profile.

I suggested to Kerio several months ago that they make the rules option in the tools menu greyed out when using KOC.

In this case you can workaround by using the Kerio (server based)rules.

Right click the top mailbox level (outlook today) and go to properties - there should be a rules tab in there and these rules are stored and actioned on the server

hope this helps
  •  
wimwauters

Thanks for the input.

the "server based" rules are very basic (I want to copy a message when sending from an IMAP account).

Also, there are no such rules for the IMAP accounts.
Our current Outlook revision ignores rules for IMAP accounts anyway, and the whole reason for setting up these rules is because Outlook can't to store the sent-mail body from an IMAP account into he KOC-MAPI sent items folder...

It seems Kerio doesn't support running more than one account anyway... even if the primary is the KOC.

I wish the client could afford a new server with Exchange on it...
can't wait to see added features in Kerio (debug first though!)

With Regards,
Wim Wauters
T/A Unisoft Design
www.dataservices247.com
Previous Topic: sharing calendar
Next Topic: Where are the sharing properties?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 20:59:24 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00467 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.