Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » winroute drops internet connections to clients computers
  •  
anoclon

Send a private message to this user
Please, I really need to solve this problem, it maybe to easy for you people, but not for me to solve it, so please write a couple of lines to this topic. Here's the situation: My internet connection it's a starband satellite dish, on a windows 2000 server with winroute 6.0.9 on it. When I start browsing the net in 1 client computer everything works great. When I start browsing the net on a second client computer simultaneously with the first, internet connection drops with no aparent reason even in the server machine. When I stop browsing the net in one of the two clients, everything comes back to normal. And so on.. Could anybody tell what the problem is? Thanks in advanced.
  •  
wiper

whats ur config? i guess u use NAT at FW server, how is that configured? IP address schema etc. ur problem sounds abit strange ATM but with a little more info i could start make sense...

/W

[Updated on: Sun, 09 January 2005 20:55]

•  
anoclon

Yes, I'm using NAT at FW server. The config is nothing complicated, I just use the wizard to set it up, with all services enabled. That's it!, so simple.
  •  
wiper

k, little more info would help... else i dunno.

/W
  •  
anoclon

Thanks for trying to help me, I really don't know what else do you need to know, could you ask me what you need to know and I'll tell you everything. Thank you again.
  •  
wiper

No problem. Thoose thing i wrote earlier... ip address schema, how is ur NAT configured? what interface u NAT at? etc? as much info as possible....

/W
  •  
anoclon

Sorry for the delay. Here's the Interfaces setup.

•  
anoclon

And here's the Traffic setup. Thank you.

• Attachment: Traffic.jpg
    (Size: 135.47KB, Downloaded 667 times)
  •  
wiper

Ur config looks fine, make sure u have dns forwarding enabled tho.
make sure u have only "satellite modem" interface connected to switch/hub/modem and "lan" interface connected to clients with switch/hub etc. like this: modem <--> Satellite netcard (pc1) <--> PC1 (with kerio) <--> LAN interface (pc1) <--> switch/hub <--> clients

never connect any clients directly to the modem execpt pc1 with kerio of course.

For ur clients to work use the following config.

IPaddress 192.168.0.2 to 192.168.0.254
mask 255.255.255.0
Gateway and DNS 192.168.0.1

u can also set up a dhcp scoop that use above config.

and 4 ur own safety plz mask the ipaddress at ur external interface (SATELLITE MODEM) in future screen dumps Wink

if this dozent work plz post a dump from ur routing table

/W

[Updated on: Sat, 22 January 2005 14:37]

•  
anoclon

Don't worry about Ip numbers, are not my real ones, only the serie of the first 2 numbers, the another 2 are not the real ones.

The setup of Winroute proxy and client computers it's the same you said in your last reply. Here are another screen shots:

•  
anoclon

No Message Body

•  
anoclon

No Message Body

•  
anoclon

No Message Body

•  
anoclon

No Message Body

wiper

once again ur config looks fine, things should not behave like u describe.

Try disable antispoofing and choose "forward dns queries to the server automatically selected from dns servers known to the operating system"

what about ur physical layer? is everything connected like my description?
Make sure that the only thing that is connected to the modem is 1 netcard at PC1 and that everything else is connected to the other netcard at PC1 (hubs/switch/whatever)

/W
Previous Topic: KWF in Russian - по-русски
Next Topic: Routing rules based on packet contents
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 10:38:46 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00517 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.