Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KOC 6.0.5 under Outlook 2002 SP3
  •  
lacoustics

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

Just to let you know that after the same problem of many people sending mail mail with KOC, I have decided to kill the default profile in Outlook (parameters, mail, profil). Then I have created one only with the Kerio Mapi connector, and restarted Outlook.

Know it works fine and there isn't any problem of sending e.mail

Well it's just a little slow because I have put all my mail archive in a subfloder...and my poor KMS 6.0.6 is installed on a old PIII 500 with 512Mo, Windows 2000 WKS and with KWF 6.0.9 on it too.

I hope this post will be helpful for you.

Regards.

Gael CORDON
L-ACOUSTICS
FRANCE
  •  
catoxpress

I have the same setup. However, with folders that store large amounts of email, the system crawls to a halt when trying to scroll through or sort views. I watched the outlook process use up to 130MB of system memory yesterday when sorting messages by name. Ok for my system, but my users are on boxes with 128MB of ram.

Anyone know of a way to limit the amount of ram outlook uses without seriously hampering performance? POP3 is not an option.
  •  
bjrflip

It's got nothing to do with Outlook. I had the same problem 2 months ago when we first installed Kerio 6.0.4 on a PIII 500 with 512 meg server running on Win2k Server OS.

Outlook crawled to almost unmanageable. Very frustrating, even tech support says this is normal with huge amounts of email. We're talking over 3000 emails on one of my Sales person's inbox and over 4000 under sent. Try and sort by date, and forget it. Walk away and get some coffee first.

This month, we went ahaed and purchased a new and faster Dell server running W2k3 OS, moved all my Store folder to the new one and my goodness.....what a difference. Day and night improvement. Even the Web interface was tremendously fast.

Sure faster client PC's should help with opening emails too of course.
Previous Topic: Outlook features
Next Topic: Thunderbird LDAP settings
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 07:00:03 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00429 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.