Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » The NICE and the BAD of my try of Winroute Firewall.
  •  
deftoner

Send a private message to this user
Hi people..

well.. i try 2 moths KWF (1 mouth 6.0.6 and the other when i format the server the version 6.0.9) i´m deciding now if i buy it or not.

All My life i user Winproxy (ositis) (that i have full version (legal) 3.0 R1B and i need to pay tu upgrade to the 5 version.. so decide to try kerio.

Well, the NICE of Kerio:
- Nice use of cache (1 file of the total space, i don´t try it more than 2 Gb (max allowed in 1 file Smile ) if it part the file in 2 or no Smile, but have nice cache management.
- Lees use of processor.
- Nice " statics "
- good interfase
- Easy to configure on "simple" networks.

Well, the BAD (horrible!!) of Kerio:
- Msn problems. This program is like the "default" messenger program in the work.. i can´t understand why it can´t work, like in ANY proxy. When you put the Proxy settings in IE, the Outlook Express Doesn´t chek Hotmail accounts via http any more. When yuo disable the proxy from ie, the MSN and Windows Messenger, don´t connect anymore (with or withou configuration of proxy in options of thises messengers clients). Problem Sending or receiving files.. (sometimes.. conects.. sometimes not.. some time tranfer.. somtime the connection get lost...) and don´t speak about VoIp, Webcam... audio.. etc in msn Razz
- Havn´t Bandwitdh controller incorporated, and in new versions of KWF, it is incompatible with other programs that control de bandwidth (like Bandwidth controller or CFosSpeed or CFos.)
- Get Instable when you change and NIC board.
- The Antivirus don´t work at 100%, some times viruses that was detected in others try´s doesn´t get detected.

i´m thinking about what do! if buy or not.

my POINT is MSN Messenger. (i resume in this message the problems that i have with msn)

I´m thinking on buy this program an recomend it to my bussines clients.. (like i don with winproxy) but i don´t want to have fight with my clients for Instans Messagin problems

Here.. the 95% of the clients use MSN for chat, busines and to send & recibe files (via hotmail in outlook and via online)

In some situations use webcam to close an busine.

Any comment what to do?

Rolling Eyes

•  
heuvel

Send a private message to this user
MSN Messenger uses UPnP, you have to set KWF up for that: Configuration -> Advanced Options -> UPnp-Settings -> Enable UPnp. Works with me. Other VoIPs might sometimes make problems, till now not becaue of KWF (my experience).
Previous Topic: VPN again HELP
Next Topic: windowsupdate does not work on LAN-clients!
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 02:13:49 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00416 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.