Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Setting up Traffic Rules...
  •  
dpetka2001

Send a private message to this user
Hello there...i have the following comfiguration : 2 PCs connecting to a switch and sharing the Internet Connection. I have installed the Winroute Firewall on PC1 and i am not able to access the Internet...i tried the Wizzard yet still nothing happens...i would appreciate if you could tell me how to set the rules manually...Thanks in advance...
  •  
petrique_2002

u should try something like this:
this is a basic NAT Rule:
source: local interface
destination:internet interface
action:permit
Translation:default outgoing interface
now it should work
  •  
wiper

this works only if pc1 got 2 interface and the second client is pointing at pc1 as default gateway and resides at internal net. and of course if proper FW rules at set.

/W

[Updated on: Wed, 12 January 2005 17:07]

•  
dpetka2001

wiper wrote on Wed, 12 January 2005 10:43

this works only if pc1 got 2 interface and the second client is pointing at pc1 as default gateway and resides at internal net. and of course if proper FW rules at set.

/W

what do you mean by that?? could you give an example of how the traffic rule should look??
  •  
dpetka2001

anyone can help me??
  •  
wiper

nat at internet interface... use netcard 2 as default gateway for internal (non public/lan etc...)net

point al client at ur internal net at netcard 2 as default gateway and dns.

how to set rules... plz check manual (bad suggestion i know, but i just dont have the time to write it down in "kerio rule format")

/W
  •  
an2ny79

Why not just use the Traffic Wizard? I remember the first time I use
KWF, I just click Wizard and all are self explanatory. You can tweak
and experiment with those traffics to see the effects. If everything
mess up, click wizard again to rebuild the list for you.

petrique_2002 wrote:

>u should try something like this:
>this is a basic NAT Rule:
>source: local interface
>destination:internet interface
>action:permit
>Translation:default outgoing interface
>now it should work
>
>
>
>
>

--
<Anthony Ching>
There are 10 types of people in the world...
Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

•  
dpetka2001

as i've already said thw wizard did not work for me...still there are problems...and anyway i want to understand how the rules should be set up...if you could give a piece of advise...
  •  
feite

Is this your configuration:

PC1 ------
|
switch
|
PC2 ------

On PC1 you have installed KWF. Where is you internet connected to? If you installed KWF on PC1 I expect internet to be connected to PC1 like this:

internet
|
|
PC1 ------
|
switch
|
PC2 ------

PC1 should have two network interface cards. One for the LAN and one for the internet. If this is not the case KWF will not work.
  •  
dpetka2001

My configuration is the following:

PC1 ------
|
switch-----Router (Internet)
|
PC2 ------

PC1 has nothing to do with PC2...KF Winorute 6 is installed on PC1...what should a traffic rule look like in this case??

[Updated on: Thu, 20 January 2005 14:27]

•  
feite

KWF is a firewall that needs two network cards. One for the internet and one for the LAN. This is not the case for you. If you put a lock on the door you should place it at the outside door, not an inner door. The same is for the firewall.
  •  
dpetka2001

ok thanks for the advise...i think i should check the Personal Firewall instead...thanks again for all the replies guys...
  •  
tremp

am having the same problems with the internet connection sharing... this is my setup

internet
|
PC1 - where KWF installed
|
PC on LAN

i can seem to make all PC on LAN to connect to the internet while KWF is installed at PC1, even if i would stop KWF they still don't connect. i wonder what could have gone wrong... i did use default configuration of NAT but still no good... what should i do?

please help... thanks.
Previous Topic: Publish multiple sites behind firewall
Next Topic: Problems with NAT and Steam(valve)
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 16:29:42 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00476 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.