Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » SSL code 5, system error: (10054)
  •  
Matt

Send a private message to this user
Hi there,

I hope someone can shed some light on this error. We are currently running a trial on KMS 6.0.6 and we get the following messages in the warning log when users connect via webmail.

[13/Jan/2005 10:06:32] Cannot accept SSL connection: SSL code 5, system error: (10054) An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
[13/Jan/2005 10:06:32] Cannot establish SSL connection with [user's IP Address]
[13/Jan/2005 10:06:55] Cannot accept SSL connection: SSL code 5, system error: (0) The operation completed successfully.
[13/Jan/2005 10:06:55] Cannot establish SSL connection with [user's IP Address]
[13/Jan/2005 10:07:23] Cannot accept SSL connection: SSL code 5, system error: (0) The operation completed successfully.
[13/Jan/2005 10:07:23] Cannot establish SSL connection with [user's IP Address]

Their webmail appears to work fine but the log is filling up with these messages. Any ideas?

Matt

•  
rhunter

I see these plus several others. I dont know the cause but, as you say, the webmail seems to work.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

What internet browser and operating system are you running?
  •  
rhunter

I get the same result with Windows 2000 Pro SP4 and Win98, both running IE6 patched to the current level. It occurs if accessed over the LAN or via the internet. I'm connecting to webmail over port 443 (SSL).

I get the following in the warning log if I mark a message as spam, delete a message or change folders.

14/Jan/2005 07:49:18] Cannot accept SSL connection: SSL code 5, system error: (0) The operation completed successfully.
[14/Jan/2005 07:49:18] Cannot establish SSL connection with [client IP]

I also have noticed using KMS6.06/KOC6.05, if KOC is set to use SSL, the following appears in the warning log when Outlook is launched. I dont know if it's related. This is with Outlook 2002 on Windows 2000 Pro SP4.

14/Jan/2005 07:02:11] Cannot accept SSL connection: SSL code 1, system error: (0) The operation completed successfully.
[14/Jan/2005 07:02:11] SSL error stack: 1236:error:1407609C:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:http request:.\ssl\s23_srvr.c:400:
[14/Jan/2005 07:02:11] Cannot establish SSL connection with [client IP]

[Updated on: Fri, 14 January 2005 14:52]

•  
Matt

The users are connecting with the latest verion of IE running on Windows XP Sp2. I've noticed the message does not appear if I use an unsecure port, like port 80. I've created a new certificate to see if this was the problem.
  •  
Matt

I have been told this is a normal error. Kerio Support wrote sent me the following response.

Kerio Support wrote:
"This should be in the warning log. It means that KMS could not successfully establish a secure connection to a remote mail server. The message was sent, just not using SSL.
Technical Support
http://support.kerio.com/
Kerio Technologies"

I'm not sure what to think of this. Maybe if one webmail user was having this issue I could believe this but not if "all" the webmail connections generate this error code.
  •  
rhunter

This never happened with KMS v5.7.10. I'm sure if it doesnt make a secure connection it IS supposed to be in the log. They should be trying to figure out why it isnt making a secure connection. I'm using IE6 with high encryption and a SSL certificate generated by KMS. It happens every single time I connect even running over a LAN which is a clean connection and eliminates any argument of a bad connection over the internet. What's the point of even having the http over SSL option if it wont use it?
Previous Topic: Possible limits to using the internal database
Next Topic: sharing calendar
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 15:26:10 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00454 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.