Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » quit Kerio Winroute Firewall - continue developing Winroute Pro!
  •  
dhrto

Send a private message to this user
Please, the new Winroute since v5 are just damn resource hogs.

Winroute 4 was lean and mean, without all the crappy bloatware. I've seen many complaints in this forum and others regarding the performance issues of the new version. Especially LAN traffic suffers a great deal. This should definately not happen, since LAN doesn't pass through the firewall.

So please just consider further development of the old winroute v4.x.

If I remember correctly, v4 was developed when winroute was still made by tinysofware, and the v5 and up by kerio. Here's my call to kerio: hire back the programmers that worked on v4, please, because your programmers very apperently don't have the skills.

Regards,
dhrto.

[Updated on: Wed, 19 January 2005 23:50]

•  
Umpalumpa

Full Ack!
Nobody needs those crappy "Protocol-Inpectors" and "Orange-Filters".
The most disadvantage vom WP4 was the restriction of using only 1 IP for the nat-device.
With KWF6 I cannot update via windowsupdate.microsoft.com.
All LAN Traffic will be routed through the firewall and Outlook cannot reconnect to the Exchange-Server!
U.
  •  
an2ny79

quote:
"With KWF6 I cannot update via windowsupdate.microsoft.com.
All LAN Traffic will be routed through the firewall and Outlook cannot
reconnect to the Exchange-Server!"

You just need the right settings for those... I believed you've already
fixed the windows update case, haven't you?. For Outlook case, you just
need to clear the inspector protocol for SMTP and POP3, you might as
well disable the scanning features for POP3 and SMTP.

--
<Anthony Ching>
There are 10 types of people in the world...
Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Previous Topic: windowsupdate does not work on LAN-clients!
Next Topic: Help with setup (not working)
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 11:23:54 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00357 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.