Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » OS X Synch
  •  
piznut

Send a private message to this user
Im curious if anyone can offer tips or advice on the best way to set up synchronization between primary and backup KMS servers running on OS X 10.3? I tried a program called Chronosync but I keep getting different security errors..

My goal is to have the primary server run the mail all the time and then in the event that it goes down I would like to fail over to the backup server and have all of the mail and user databases be relatively current.
  •  
markflo

How about running the second Mac in Target Disk Mode? ChronoSync should be able to keep it synced that way -- you might have to be logged in as root when you set up the ChronoSync schedule, though. Then if the main server dies you can just boot the backup server normally and get on with the e-mail.
  •  
kschwab

Here is a more costly option - for a large system have the primary and secondary servers booting from a common volume - like 2 Xserves using a shared Xserve RAID through a fibre chanel switch - one RAID bank for boot volume, the other for mailstore - Xserve supports IP failover - if the primary goes down, the secondary takes over the primary IP address and has booted from the shared boot volume which, due to its shared nature, is obviously in sync. IP failover also supports fail back so the primary server can take over again when it has been repaired. the level 5 RAID on the boot and mailstore volumes gives you some live data protection and then, obviously, a backup system to handle the rest.
Previous Topic: Entourage Sync Problems
Next Topic: 6.1
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 17 20:39:51 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.21551 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.