Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KMS 6 Webmail & IIS both on port 80
  •  
germanr

Send a private message to this user
Is there a way of having a website on IIS (W2k server) and KMS's webmail both on port 80 of the same IP?

I need both things and Wap mail doesn't work with my provider on other port than 80.

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
vandalen

I don't think you can do this. Is not a KMS issue, you can not run 2 "servers" to the same port (regardless of what they are).
  •  
vandalen

BTW, how could you make this to work?, when you go to your site, how will it determine where to go?

FYI, I changed the port to 8080 and use a redirect to a dns entry. IOW, when I type webmail.domain.com, my IIS (using headers) will redirect to www.domain.com:8080

It works like a charm.
  •  
lohelle

I've tried this. When using 2 nics this is possible (maybee two addresses on one nic also.
The problem is that IIS by default listens on port 80 on all nics. I used an utility from the Windows Server 2003 Resource kit to force IIS to bind to only a certain nic (don't remember the name)

But you need two nics/ip addresses to do this...

[Updated on: Wed, 19 January 2005 11:49]

•  
pwhodges

You would need two addresses if you wanted to use port 80 for both servers, but the example showed the kerio webmail running on port 8080 on the same address - this is the way I do it too. Of course, I have to ensure that my firewall allows port 8080 incoming to that machine.

Paul
  •  
Jonas Quinn

What I did is enable the HTTPS server and the HTTP server on Kerio for WebMail. I bounded them both to a specific IP for my mailserver.

I have IIS running on the same machine who is listening (bounded) to an other IP-address. (This can be done with the tool mentioned earlier in this forum). In IIS I set a header-redirect to the other HTTPS address of the mailserver IP. Now you should wonder why I did this, because it already has its own IP. Well... let me explain.

I opened the HTTPS-port on my firewall to the IP-address of my mailserver and port 80 (HTTP) to my IIS IP-address. The DNS on my internal network resolves the local mailserver IP-address (its in the 192.168.x.x range), but when someone comes from outside (internet) it will end up at my IIS wich redirects to an HTTPS connection.

So internal WebMail can be used as HTTPS and HTTP whatever someone prefers and external only HTTPS is possible and this is handled automatically. It works like a charm!
Previous Topic: 6.1
Next Topic: Does anyone know what this non delivery error means?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 12:35:08 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00458 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.